Bad day

Options
13»

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I know you are embarrassed, but please know you shouldn't be. PLEASE go talk to someone, start with your family doctor. The thing about disorders is that your thinking is disordered, and a professional can help you better to get back on track, so you are thinking, and then eating, along the same lines as other healthy people. A doctor has heard everything, so there is nothing at ALL to be ashamed of. Please believe me when I tell you that once you get really working on HEALING yourself with a professional, EVERYTHING in life starts to fall into place. You don't have to struggle alone. WE are not enough, and not skilled enough to help you to recover....but we are here for you if you need us! Please feel free to add me, I've also struggled for years, with and without therapy. I'm at a pretty good place in my head these days, and I'd love to help you get there too, if I can xo

• luckyj214
    luckyj214 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know you are embarrassed, but please know you shouldn't be. PLEASE go talk to someone, start with your family doctor. The thing about disorders is that your thinking is disordered, and a professional can help you better to get back on track, so you are thinking, and then eating, along the same lines as other healthy people. A doctor has heard everything, so there is nothing at ALL to be ashamed of. Please believe me when I tell you that once you get really working on HEALING yourself with a professional, EVERYTHING in life starts to fall into place. You don't have to struggle alone. WE are not enough, and not skilled enough to help you to recover....but we are here for you if you need us! Please feel free to add me, I've also struggled for years, with and without therapy. I'm at a pretty good place in my head these days, and I'd love to help you get there too, if I can xo

Aw thank you. You are so sweet! I will add you. Its nice to have someone root for you when you feel bad!
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    luckyj214 wrote: »
    Its 9:46a and already i have messed up. I had mcdonalds for breakfast and now i feel so depressed.

I had mcdonalds for breakfast too and feel great. I ate it, logged it, and will work it off well in kickboxing and jiu jitsu class. There are a lot of things in this world that are really depressing.having McDonald's for breakfast is not one of them. Log it, work out, stay within your goal. You're fine.
  • luckyj214
    Options
    No biggie, just log it, go for a walk later, drink lots of water and eat your regular meals.
    Often times we want to starve the rest of the day to "make up" for a bad meal but that'll just lead to being super hungry and binging. It's just one day. You could even it out the rest of the week by taking 100 cals off per day if it was that bad. If not, don't worry about it and just move forward :smile:

Yes!!!
  • luckyj214
    Options
    Its 9:46a and already i have messed up. I had mcdonalds for breakfast and now i feel so depressed.

I had mcdonalds for breakfast too and feel great. I ate it, logged it, and will work it off well in kickboxing and jiu jitsu class. There are a lot of things in this world that are really depressing.having McDonald's for breakfast is not one of them. Log it, work out, stay within your goal. You're fine.

Aww great !!! And good for you . That is amazing :)
  • luckyj214
    Options
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »

Egg McMuffin?

Lmao no im too embarrassed to say haha

Two Egg McMuffins?

Worse lol
  • luckyj214
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    First world problems

Telllll me about it lol
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a 9" pepperoni pizza myself at 11am. I already had some chocolate too. No shame. Log it and move on.
  • luckyj214
    Options
    I'm eating a 9" pepperoni pizza myself at 11am. I already had some chocolate too. No shame. Log it and move on.

Hahaha wow lol anxiety just from reading that but i guess you are right.. just gotta move on lol
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

Hahaha wow lol anxiety just from reading that but i guess you are right.. just gotta move on lol

I eat one almost every day when I work from home. It holds me over till dinner and i just snack in between. I get a good workout in, no harm no foul.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I ate Mcdonalds almost every day last week. Still lost. You just have to budget those calories if you like the food.

I eat fast food almost every morning for breakfast. Some days it is McD's, some it is Hardee's, some it is Panera, etc.. I don't want to get up earlier to cook at home, and right now my kitchen is being renovated and I really cannot cook.

Don't get me wrong, if I can make a healthier choice I will, but I don't limit myself because something is "bad".

I lost 75 pounds eating what I wanted, just making sure that I was under my calorie goal and working out because I enjoyed it and because it let me eat more. Now, when I started my new job and stopped working out and paying attention to what I was doing, I gained it all back. But, just got started back last week, and lost 4 pounds. Haven't checked in yet this week, but will do an unofficial weigh in tomorrow to see how I am doing.

You have to just take it one day at a time, pay attention to your overall goals, and find what works for you. But, I wouldn't limit myself to no whatever, you cannot go the rest of your life without having a piece of birthday cake or what ever you deem "bad".
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I opened this thread prepared to give sympathy for a dead pet, a lost job and food poisoning.
    Eating breakfast at McDonald's is not a bad day. It isn't even a bad decision if the rest of your day fits your calories and meets your nutritional needs.
    Don't waste time and energy feeling bad about things that are not.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    but that dress tho
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Now I'm depressed because I *didn't* have McDonald's for breakfast. Thanks op
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    You feel depressed because you had McDonalds for breakfast? Why do you eat there if it makes you sad?

Shoulda had a Happy Meal.