At home workout peeps....

Options

Replies

• taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    Lifting for me. Initial sets are done barefoot, but the reps that count are done in Chucks (flamed high-top Chucks...)
    il_570xN.740040774_9gbv.jpg
  • 8diamonds
    8diamonds Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Barefoot, I though I would be the only one! That maybe I was setting myself up for an injury but it just feels better.
  • showerbeer182
    showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    8diamonds wrote: »
    Barefoot, I though I would be the only one! That maybe I was setting myself up for an injury but it just feels better.

Totally!!!
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Depends, if there is a lot of jumping I will put on shoes, otherwise just socks.

But my floors are hard in the basement so jumping hurts on it!
  • amygarcia0212
    amygarcia0212 Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    sjwozniak wrote: »
    Hmmm slippers with grippers right???? I don't have them...I wish i did...I always slip on my floors!!

The ones I've seen are like toeless socks with grippy things in the bottom. I never had too much trouble before, but I got a new mat and it seems like I'm sliding all the time now. Can't tell if they'd stay in place or be even worse.

I use the 'grippy socks' to walk around the house... wood floors + socks = disaster! I use them for yoga too (on carpet) and they do a great job. Would suggest that if you're in between sizes you get the smaller pair.

I've got a few pairs of the kids Gaiam ones they sell at target - they look like regular socks with the sticky pattern on the bottom - I don't really care for the 'toed' socks.

ETA: I lift in the garage barefoot and run outside / PT inside in shoes.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I started exercising barefoot about four years ago. I haven't worn shoes since then. Hillbilly fitness rocks!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Always shoes
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Barefoot, unless I'm running outside :) Really though, if I could find an excuse to always be barefoot, I'd be a happy camper.
  • Gr84cstr
    Gr84cstr Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yoga or cardio DVDs in Vibram 5 finger shoes, but lifting in my retired running shoes.
  • stephmph16
    stephmph16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Barefoot. I don't like shoes on in the house and socks are for when I'm being cozy.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting shoes for all of the compound lifts except for Deadlifts for which I like to do in my knee socks. Everything else is bare feet or socks (depending on the time of year)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Usually in shoes, New Balance 990, the new pair, replaced NB 992, the old pair. One time I used my treadmill wearing Oxfords and rubbed blisters on my feet. I took off the Oxfords and did another mile barefoot. That was much more comfortable than the Oxfords.
  • ashxo12
    ashxo12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood! If I know I'll be jumping a lot, I'll wear my sneakers, but mostly I workout in my socks. Also, the other factor is how much will I be in a plank position on my toes (lets say, planks or mountain climbers)? If I'll be doing a lot of that, I'll most likely take my socks off because they end up either making me slip, or slipping off my feet anyways!!!
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Usually my "indoor" trainers. I do a lot of Plyometric and functional training, which when doing barefoot on my horrible carpet tiles, is not comfortable and can be painful if I land wrong when jumping about.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    ashxo12 wrote: »
    Depends on my mood! If I know I'll be jumping a lot, I'll wear my sneakers, but mostly I workout in my socks. Also, the other factor is how much will I be in a plank position on my toes (lets say, planks or mountain climbers)? If I'll be doing a lot of that, I'll most likely take my socks off because they end up either making me slip, or slipping off my feet anyways!!!

^^^ this! I usually do socks just because I'm already wearing socks when I get home from work. But if I know I'm going to be planking or trying to do pushups I'll take them off.

The only time I wear shoes when I workout at home is if I decide to hop on the elliptical or if I'm doing plyo stuff
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My gym is in the garage and it's winter in New England. Shoes.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Back when I did P90X and RushFit after - barefoot, except on days where there was a lot of jumping (such as P90X Plyometrics). I also did this all on those foam-rubber interlocking 2x2 mats.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Shoes (lifting)
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I have for a floor. If it is hardwood/vinyl, I need traction, so some kind of shoe. If I am in a carpeted room, barefoot/socks. I often do those kind of workouts on my phone, so I am mobile. And sometimes in hotel rooms, so I never knew what I am going to get. And if you are travelling, check out EVEN hotels. Very fitness friendly.
    Lifting, doesn't really matter, normally socks or barefoot, just because that is what I wear at home or in my room.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I prefer barefoot, but I have a few problems that make me have to wear shoes and socks. My rough calluses get caught on the carpet fibres and I get tripped up. I have Raynaud's disease and have to layer up my feet or I lose sensation/blood flow in my toes. In the "summer" I can get by with just wearing socks.