Snacks !

Options
Hey Everyone !
I've recently started my weight loss journey and the only thing I seem to be having a problem with is in between meals when you really feel like you need that extra little snack.

What are some things you guys munch on that are healthy? I know a lot of people suggest nuts and berries but im looking for more ideas more outside of the box (homemade energy bites etc)

Replies

• debbiebrzo
    debbiebrzo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    string cheese (satisfying), hummus and veggies, air popped popcorn, fruit, turkey jerky.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I keep 100 calorie popcorn, no sugar added applesauce, and light hot chocolate (recipe below) in my desk drawer. I always pack veggies and fruit with my lunch......I generally save the fruit until after lunch.

Mornings I don't need a snack. Breakfast is filling for me. Mid afternoon & after dinner are my designated snack times. This will be a bit of a learning curve. Meal & snack timing; tweaking your macros to tide you over.

Yummy hot chocolate
    3Qts Dry Milk
    1 cup Splenda
    1/2 cup Baking cocoa
    1 small (1.4oz) small package Chocolate pudding, sugar free instant
    Optional.....1/4 C Coffee Mate for creaminess
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Are you meaning that you want your box of choices to have homemade energy bites IN it or OUT of it?

What calorie budget do you want to set for snacks? Do you want that in one big chunk or in many small bits? The world is full of choices, from apples and peaches under 100 calories to Hershey Kisses for 25 calories.
  • crreature
    crreature Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    100cal popcorn all the way

I like how much popcorn I can eat in volume and it still be under 100 cals
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    At any given time in my desk drawer I have several 100 calorie pack snack options. Right now I have some Fiber One Baked Bars, Weight Watchers brownies, and Jello fruit cups in there. Some days I'll pack string cheese with my lunch to have for a snack. I also like the 100 calorie packs of popcorn.

As for what choices you'll make, you have to consider what kind of calorie goals you have and the calorie budget you have for snacks as a result. My calorie goal is a bit low, so I stick to snacks with 100 calories or less. This gives me some wiggle room to have multiple snacks if I am hungrier that day and still make my calorie goals by the end of the day.
  • trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Oatcakes, very dark chocolate, Greek yogurt, hummus.

I snack a LOT, more than a quarter of my days calories go in snacks!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to snacks are: string cheese or Baby bel cheese, wasabi peas, cottage cheese, Laughing Cow cream cheese wedges, hard boiled eggs, fudge pops, Skinny Cow ice cream bars, Greek yogurt, hummus & veggies, roasted cauliflower, protein bars, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn