Lose 40 pounds in 4 months?

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm getting married in 4 months and really need to lose 40 pounds a month. I'm eating 1200 calories a day and have lost 9 pounds so far, however I still have 40 pounds left to lose. Any tips? Thanks!

Replies

• KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,017 Member
    Options
    40 lbs in 4 months is totally achievable if you are disciplined with yourself. I've done it in the past. (I had a baby, hence why I'm back) lol It's so important to keep reminding yourself why you're doing this when you are fighting those cravings, and drink lots of water.... Like, Extra from what MFP suggests. You can do this! :)
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    40 pounds is a lot to lose in just 4 months. that's over 2 pounds a week and losses aren't linear. BUT you can still achieve your goal of looking awesome on your wedding day even if you're a few pounds above your target!

i would recommend focusing on a reasonable deficit plugging in your numbers to mfp and setting for 2 lb per week goal, which is very aggressive but temporary (after your wedding you can set it up to 1 lb per week). I would also strongly suggest adding strength training to your regimen. It does more for your look aesthetically than crash dieting because you are losing inches while maintaining lean muscle mass. this prevents you from getting the skinny fat look. it may make your scale losses a bit slower and you want to make sure that you eat enough to fuel your body (regardless of whether you exercise or not), but overall i think if you focus on how you look and how you feel instead of the number on the scale you'll be more likely to succeed.

also, congrats on your loss and your wedding! i'm sure you'll look beautiful!
  • CliffTripped
    CliffTripped Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey you can burn an extra 1,000 cal per day and make it to your goal in no time, plus your body burns 2,000 calories by itself, as long as you stick to the calorie limit you should be good to go
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    First congratulations! But yes that's very achievable! Just have to stick to your limit, eat healthy foods and work out. You will definitely see results. I've lost 85 lbs in about 5 months (I went from 341 to 255, so weight came off faster for me being i was so heavy)
    But it sounds like you are going in the right direction, keep up the great work!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Hey you can burn an extra 1,000 cal per day and make it to your goal in no time, plus your body burns 2,000 calories by itself, as long as you stick to the calorie limit you should be good to go

No...just no.
  • irisdc88
    irisdc88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lol