Help! A little confused and frustrated!

Options
Hi everyone. I have been on this journey for approx. 130 days. I've lost 21 pounds so far. I am 5'2 and I weigh 186.6 currently. I'd like to lose an additional 56 pounds. I know slow and steady wins the race, but with that said here is my dilemma in a nutshell!!!

I did not gain over the holidays, stayed under my caloric intake (1200) and kept to exercising (walking atleast 30 min per day / 5-7 x week). Now, for the last 4 weeks, I've remained basically the same weight, up or down 1/2 ounces.

Is my body "used to" what I am doing? Should I be eating more? I have high blood pressure and my Dr really encourages walking, so I def do not want to change that. Besides exercising my body, the brisk outdoor walks really helps the mind as well!

I totally do not understand the macros and stuff. But, I do make sure I hit my protein goal and eat pretty good. A ton of veggies, chickpeas and chicken! I drink atleast 7-10 glasses of water per day and if I have a snack, it's a handful of chips or pepperoni/cheese (which I count out, etc.)

I would appreciate any tips/advise on what I should be doing to help myself along this journey!
thank you in advance :)

Replies

• Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    For the most part yes, I do weigh my food. I have 2 scales and I count things such as nuts, chips, pretzels, etc too!!!
  • korny09
    korny09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bria, have you also looked into macros? Macros or ratios are very important. Also, when you exercise, is your heart rate in fat burn range? Just some thoughts you may have already thought.

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If the scale is not moving, then perhaps it is time to increase accuracy? "For the most part" means there are some things that you estimate or skip logging.

Ps-could you open your diary?
  • Briacha
    Options
    My diary should be open, I will check my settings!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Briacha wrote: »
    My diary should be open, I will check my settings!

Just looked at today's input.

Full Stop.

1.5 cup of Brussels Sprouts - weigh that. It's not particularly Calorie-dense, but those things add up - especially when there's a lot of it or the items do become Calorie-dense, like...

1 sausage link. Weigh it.

The olive oil? Yes, as a liquid, it's correct to use a tsp/tbsp. And the Strawberry Smoothie is most likely OK.
  • Briacha
    Options
    I did weigh it. It was 1.5 cups Brussels uncooked!
    The link I did not weigh.
  • LoriWolfert
    LoriWolfert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you've increased your workout, you may need to re-calculate your calorie intake to match the intensity of the work you're doing.

If you're doing the same workout day in and day out, try to switch it up a bit, try a different video, routine, or even different number of reps/sets. Anything you can do to keep your body from expecting the same thing on a schedule may help too.

Good luck and great job so far.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    when she says weigh it - how many grams of BS was it? 1.5 cups could be a wide range of weights

She? :#
  • Briacha
    Options

when she says weigh it - how many grams of BS was it? 1.5 cups could be a wide range of weights

Yikes, see now I am even more confused!
  • hellobaconplease
    hellobaconplease Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Liquids for measuring cups, solid foods should be weighed in grams, not by the cup.
  • Briacha
    Options
    I used ounces on the scale...Oy vey!
  • Briacha
    Options
    I scan most things that can scan when adding to my diary and I bought a digital scale, but had it on ounces! I upped the walk to 60 minutes, but on snowy, really cold days (like yesterday) I only walked 35 minutes.