250 eluding me

Options
Hello All,

I've been losing weight since the end of august. I started at 300 pounds and as of right now I am down to about 262. November and December were kind of challenging with Holidays and travel. Several times I have gotten to 260 or even 259, but it seems like my progress slows there and then I bounce up 5 or 10 pounds during a holiday or vacation. I still have along way to go, but id at least like to be bouncing around the 250-260 range instead of the 260-270 range. Should I just keep grinding or do I need to make some changes? Just seems like I cant break the 260 mark.

Replies

• mrswiggum
    mrswiggum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would say keep grinding AND make changes. Try tweaking your calories to see if that works. If not, try changing up your exercise routine somehow. I don't know what your particular eating habits are, but maybe try cutting sugar down more than usual, or carbs. It's hard to say, honestly, because 1) everybody (and every body) is different and 2) bodies are weird. Sometimes you're doing everything right, and your body just doesn't feel like cooperating, you know? Maybe you've just hit a weird plateau right now, and in a few weeks you'll lose like five pounds in a week (it's definitely happened to me).

Just keep going, do some research on how to bust through plateaus, and hopefully something will click with you.

(experience: have lost 180 pounds over the past three years, have seen my fair share of plateaus, gains and losses.)