30 something Scottish working mum of 3 toddlers

Options
2»

Replies

• lee141414
    lee141414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A few bits of advice.
    1. It takes time to get to the size you want dont ever be fooled by these stupid size 8 in six weeks claims. Think about what you would like to look like in 1 2 and 3 years.
    2. Always start slow and increase week by week your body will take time to adapt, you see a lot of newbies smash the gym for 6 weeks and dont get the results they want and quit. Ease yourself into it, you will know when to start pushing harder.
    3. Bin the scales most people forget that when they train they build muscle this weighs a lot more than fat so you may actually be heavier in the begining.
    4. Ladies you will look worse before you look better as muscle sits behind fat so the more you build will push the fat closer to you skin and make cellulite look worse but dont worry keep training and it will soon go.

Hope this helps and feel free to add me

Lee
  • gemmamcm
    gemmamcm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First time poster and fellow scot mum
    Of 2 trying to get fit
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @lee141414 and @gemmamcm I've added you both :)

First weigh day for me tomorrow, I'm looking forward to seeing a wee downwards shift *fingers crossed

@lee141414 I feel I need to weigh at the moment as it's difficult to fit exercise in, so it's all about my food for the next few weeks until the nights get a big lighter here :/
  • GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Fellow Scot now living in the south of England. Please enjoy those beautiful Scottish hills, it's too flat down here
  • mhairi626
    mhairi626 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fellow Scots here :) feel free to add me too, I'm also trying to loose my mummy tummy with a 4 year old and a 3 month
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    First #wednesdayweighin and I've lost 5lbs :#
    I realise this is just the Xmas excess coming off but it's good to have as a start.
  • xeih
    xeih Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, i have a huge respect for you with three toddlers i'm 24/7 with just my one very active toddler (almost 2) and i just feel I don't have enough eyes to watch her as she's always playing daredevil. I'm lucky that for now she only takes her naps in the pram or in the car seat, so after lunch I'm forcing myself to go for a walk to make her nap and get my daily exercise. Also trying to loose my mummy tummy and all the weight I gained since coming to Ireland 8years ago.
  • GenuineKat
    GenuineKat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You all are inspiring! I'm a single mom of 3 girl (15,14,12). I remember them all running in different directions when they were toddlers. I think always putting kids first and eating what was easy and kids friendly was part of my trouble. I've been exercising and eating better and have lost 30 lbs since September. I would love to lose another 40 lbs. feel free to add me. I'm not sure how that works yet.
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    @xeih and @kbkenna I've sent you both friend requests. Well done @kbkenna on the 30lb loss, that's amazing!!
    @xeih my 3 tantrum at being strapped in the buggy now, so no chance I'm power walking with my 3 anymore, I had a triple buggy at one point which was brilliant! I got out for a walk child free on Saturday morning and managed 7 miles, planning to do the same this week if the snow stays away!! Then when the lighter nights come in, I can get out after be time for a power walk.
  • GenuineKat
    GenuineKat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You are amazing !
  • xeih
    Options
    Well done on the 7mile walk that's amazing :)... i know my buggy days will be over soon, as less and less she wants to nap during the day... so taking as much advantage from it as possible now. Can't wait for Spring to get here for some proper walks tough :)
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    I'm trekking in Iceland for 3 days in June so really need to get some distance training done...I could hardly move after 7 miles :D
  • OuijaCat
    OuijaCat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow I have one toddler and struggle to find time!!! Well done lots of respect to you! :) feel free to add me!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    How were your weekends mumma's?
  • xeih
    Options
    Busy between 24/7work and toddler at the same time, but quite happy that managed to get out of the house even if it was for a small walk (too cold my hands were freezing from pushing the buggy) but hoping to get a proper walk tomorrow as I'm off work :) and yours?
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    @xeih I managed a slow walk with the 3 Amigos on Sat, and child free visit to the image to see rogue1, only took in a bottle of water :)
    I've not had any alcohol since the 2nd which I think is helping, I feel more energetic, managed a quick child free walk this morning, then visited my family this afternoon. We're all on a mission so soup and salad were on the menu which helps to stay on track ;)
    So pretty good here, still buoyed by last week and resisting the temptation to weigh every day...Can't wait for Wednesday :#
  • fishnfit
    fishnfit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also a mum of 3, not toddlers anymore though 12, 10 and nearly 9. But I am in the same boat with the struggles. I am away from home this week (and the scales thank goodness) so I am hoping to take it up a notch when I get home. I would love some more friends.
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    #wednesdayweighin 0.2lbs short of 2lbs off, so almost 7lbs in my first 2 weeks, I'm happy with that.
    How is everyone else doing?