Daily meal plan that worka for you

Options
Hello, new year new me right. This is not about diet anymore but healthy life style. I was wondering samples of a meal plan people eat to keep slim fit.

Replies

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Basically, anything that fits your calorie goals but obviously some foods will be more nutritious and keep you better satisfied. I include lots of lean meats and vegetables and no problem staying full, even with a large deficit.

Breakfast was pork chops and eggs.
    Lunch was a fresh salmon fillet and roasted asparagus.
    Dinner will probably be chicken, sweet potatoe, and roasted okra, maybe some halo top for desert.
    Post workout will be Greek yogurt mixed with chocolate whey protein.
  • wayne2017
    wayne2017 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Chadxx wrote: »
    Basically, anything that fits your calorie goals but obviously some foods will be more nutritious and keep you better satisfied. I include lots of lean meats and vegetables and no problem staying full, even with a large deficit.

Breakfast was pork chops and eggs.
    Lunch was a fresh salmon fillet and roasted asparagus.
    Dinner will probably be chicken, sweet potatoe, and roasted okra, maybe some halo top for desert.
    Post workout will be Greek yogurt mixed with chocolate whey protein.

Chops for breakfast?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    A typical day looks something this for me:
    * breakfast (+- 250 calories): typically a break free omelette with 300 g of vegetables (some combination of tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and spinach) and no cheese and coffee;
    * lunch (+-400 calories): typically a HUGE salad packed when I make my breakfast based on napa cabbage, broccoli slaw mix and or power greens, with some protein like cheese, tuna, tofu chunks or leftover chickens
    * a high-protein mid-afternoon snack (+- 150 calories) like unsalted nuts or a chunk of cheese
    * dinner (500 - 800 calories) based on a protein (lean chicken or pork?) a vegetable (green beans? squash and tomatoes?)
    * a carby treat of some kind (100-200 calories)-- a piece of good chocolate, a glass of wine, a piece of really nice bread with olive oil
  • Anamaere
    Anamaere Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I dont have a 'plan' as such, but i eat what works for me, when im hungry, with consideration to my calorie count and protein intake, since protein keeps me going longer. I can totally get onboard with @Chadxx 's chops for breakfast thing. I prefer steak though haha. My diary is open to friends, and i'm always happy to talk/support people who need it :)
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    everyone is different and what works for one won't necessarily work for another (not talking about losing weight - that's the technically easy bit if you just eat less move more, but we all know that it's not as easy as it sounds for various reasons!!!)

anyhoo - mine is open, feel free to take a look, but I do eat 1800-1900 per day and 4-5 proper meals instead of snacks and meals. works for me because if I only have a snack i struggle to make it to the next "proper" meal.

Today though, I did have a 'snack' for food #2 because i'm going to lunch with friends, so I am still being mindful but also living life because when I was crazy with food life became not so fun. Like carrying your lunch to the restaurant. not cool.

• leslienicole318
    leslienicole318 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I normally have a fruit smoothie or gluten free pancakes topped with strawberries and syrup (I'm allergic to wheat) or a 2 egg omelet with spinach and cheese
    For morning snack I have a fruit cup or rice cake or fresh fruit
    For lunch I have something like black beans, corn, and chicken wrapped in big lettuce leaves or leftovers from the night before or a Progresso light soup (when I can find one that doesn't have wheat), etc. along with a fruit
    For afternoon snack I have a rice cake or fruit cup or quaker pop chips or a bit of cheese, etc
    For dinner I do something like chicken and a veggie. Sometimes I make a soup or beans or something like that when I have the time
  • leslienicole318
    leslienicole318 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oh and protein bars are great too! I love the Questbars cuz they're all gluten free and taste good! With 21 grams of protein
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eating less than you burn. or, if you are looking to maintain your weight, eating at maintenance.

Use common sense, have a lean meat, veggie heavy diet with room for treats.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Eat food you like that fits your calorie goal. Get enough protein, fats and fiber to help you feel satisfied. Eat several servings of fruits or vegetables a day.

Typically I eat things like this:
    Breakfast- Greek yogurt, granola bars, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, cottage cheese
    Lunch- sandwich, salad, or dinner leftovers
    Dinner- something different every night of the month.
    Snacks- things like fruit, chips, popcorn, pretzels, chocolate, cookies, granola bar, carrots, celery, broccoli, trail mix, deviled eggs, pickles, cottage cheese

• snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Today
    Steel cut oatmeal with banana
    Protein smoothie for lunch
    Sloppy joes made with lean hamburger and thin rolls, small salad
    Snack apple and peanut butter
    A cookie or chocolates are if I have enough workout calories
  • denisegallant
    denisegallant Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bk:
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup greek yogurt
    1/4 cup fiber one cereal
    1/2 cup frozen berries
    cinnamon
    layer into a parfait cup

green tea

snack:
    2 oz guacamole with veggies
    green tea

lunch:
    4 oz seafood 2 cups veggies wrapped in a pita with mustard

snack:
    1 orange
    green tea

supper
    garlic roasted pork loin with 2 cups of parsnip fries

snack
    1 cup berries
    green tea

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    A meal plan written by someone on an internet forum is not suitable or sustainable for you. Find your calorie goal, it whatever you want once you have weighed and tracked it and you will lose weight.