REALLY messed up :(

Options
I have really gone out of control with eating this past week. My mom was in town and we went out to eat pretty much every day. Sometimes I ordered healthy but a lot of the time I overate and had dessert. I hardly ever get to see my mom so I just wanted to have a good time and not worry about calories. Now I feel like a failure. :(

I feel SOO bloated and I am terrified to get on the scale. How do I get back to my routine? How long should I wait to weigh myself? I was doing so good, I've already lost 30lbs and I only have about 10 more to go. I NEED to get back on track!! One good thing is that I got a bike yesterday so I can start adding that to my fitness routine.

I dont know... I guess right now I just feel so gross for everything I have eaten over the past week. I am sad that my mom left and I wont see her for a long time and I always turn to food for comfort. It doesnt help that my sons birthday cake is starting at me right now. : / Need some positive words.

Replies

• Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Don't worry! We all fall off sometimes, what really matters if that you get right back on! Get back on track straight away, and then wait about a week to weigh in.

Don't beat yourself up =)
  • kysue1029
    kysue1029 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Try not to think about this last week. You can't change the past, but you can control the future with what you eat! Just start over tomorrow!!!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm having a rough week as far as eating well too. But family time is important so instead of beating yourself up, just pick yourself up and move forward this week. Weighing yourself and having gained is discouraging, so I'd wait an extra week to weigh yourself and see if you can at least be where you left off. We all have weeks like that so don't get too discouraged.
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    Earlier in May I went to an out of town, Italian wedding. It was non-stop eating for 3 days and the scales said that I gained 5 pounds! Not really sure about that but I know I gained. I just got back on track Monday morning when I got home and yes, it took a while to re-lose that weight but I had no choice.
    Don't stress about it, I'm sure you had a great visit with your mom.
    Just start now, good luck
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you can do that will change the decisions you made, but you can make better ones and renew your resolve today! Just move forward. Don't look at it as failure, but as lessons learned. Just get back on track & don't punish yourself about what you can't change :)
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    **oops dbl post**
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is life - and this is FOR life. Don't let a slip totally derail all your hard work. Start enjoying that new bike!!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Stop thinking about the failure and look at all the positive stuff you've done and remind yourself that you CAN do it. You can get back on it. Get back into the exercising, especially if you feel like binging! It'll stop you, and even give you some more calories to consume (if you eat that way). Remember no one is perfect!
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    Everyone has that day, or week, or month. The important thing is to wake up in the morning and just say your are going to do it. You ARE going to eat healthier. Don't worry about the bad week, don't let it get you down. And if you are worried about the scale, don't weigh yourself. Get back into your routine for a week, and then take that step. You can do it!
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    avoid the scale for a week, and during that week, return to your regular healthy eating habits. you should break even by next weekend :o)
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Everybody is going to have bumps in the road but just get back on track. If it makes you feel better do a little extra exercise. The important thing is you cannot change the past but you can keep moving forward and forgive yourself! Keep up the good work!!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Don't get yourself down! Sometimes you just need to take some time off, especially when you're with your mom!! I'd give anything (even the 40 pounds I have lost, plus some) to have my mom back, so one week letting loose is NOT the end of the world, I promise!

So just get back up tomorrow and get back to working out and making healthy food choices. You have come such a long way, 30 pounds is huge! You can definitely get back to it for the last 10!

Good luck!
  • freshmenthesis
    freshmenthesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Look back fondly on the time that you had with your mom.
    Don't beat yourself up over the "mistakes" or indulgences just commit now to doing what you need to do and start all over.
  • lindat26
    lindat26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    just start over tomorrow - don't beat yourself up, you will succeed!
  • sheffiej34
    sheffiej34 Posts: 91
    Options
    We all take a step back or over indulge at times. I don't like to call it a failure because it really isn't. We choose to live and eat healthier to achieve a particular goal. If we take a different path, it's ok. Just get back on track and continue as you did before. One week isn't going to destroy all of your hard work.

Get into you usual habit and wait a week or two to weigh. Don't get discouraged if the scale doesn't reflect where you want it to be. It won't be where you started. No Self-Loathing Allowed!!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    dont stress yourself out over it. im pretty sure everyone who's replied to this has been there. i screwed up royally today, and im ending it with a vodka and oj. lol. wait a few days to weigh yourself, and like i said, try not to stress about it, this is a new week. It takes time to make a lifestyle change.
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You can do this, you have already lost 30 and that is amazing!!! Just start fresh and don't worry about what you ate!!! I have also been there and know that in order for me to move ahead I gotta let go and not beat myself up!!!! Again you have lost 30, that is awesome!!!! :smile:
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I did 60 min of cardio 3 days in a row, and then took 1 day off. Repeat. By the end of the week, I lost two more pounds, and could feel my body tighter. Cardio, cardio, cardio. Elliptical trainer. Push through, and know once you get through all this hard work, you won't have to lose this much weight again.
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    First, don't beat yourself up over it. But do look at it and learn from it. It's positive that you see where you went wrong and that will help you the next time you are tempted. Get back on track now. Start your old routines and just stick with it. Just take the first step and move along. It's all in the mindset - don't wallow in the guilt, just move past it. Weigh whenever you normally do. If that's tomorrow, so be it. You might see an increase, but that's motivation, not de-motivation. If you pay a price, it'll help you resist next time. More than likely, whatever gain you have will drop right back off anyway after a week or so. You'll just be paying the price of frustration and lost progress. I personally hate the thought of losing the same pounds twice. It's hard enough the first time. :)

One of the more challenging things that I have had to learn over the last few months is that relationships do not equal food. Like most of us, social activities always revolved around food. It was ingrained in my brain. Once you can make peace with the fact that you can relate to people without food in your hands, it's much easier. Actually, when I crossed that bridge it was an epiphany for me. I still socialize the same amount and have the same or better interactions with my friends. I just don't feel the need to have a plate of food and a drink in my hands when we do it. Sitting in a restaurant catching up can just as easily be done while picking at a salad instead of a steak. Socializing at a party is about conversation with friends, not raiding the buffet and the bar.

Just my 2¢. Good luck and just keep focused on the prize at the end of the road.
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    We all "mess up". As a previous poster said, this is life. You are not a failure. You have already shown success. Resolve now to forgive yourself and go on. Start now and get your control back. Get one good hour, then half a day then whole day under your belt. Success breeds success and you will find success again.