under arm fat

Options
So i know obviously I need to loose weight which I have been doing but I really want to work on the under arm fat as it drives me crazy that I can't wear tank tops or anything like that because I am embarrassed by this big ball of jiggly fat so what can I do

Replies

• Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Do you do any type of strength training?
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Cant spot reduce fat loss but- pushups are good. Even if you start out with them on your knees.
    You will want to do arm work outs while you lose fat.
  • SkyFerret
    SkyFerret Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Working on the same thing myself. Under recommendation I've started strength training three days a week. It's slow going, but if the soreness in my arms is any indication it will pay off eventually.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat in a calorie deficit for long enough and the fat will go. Strength training will help build/retain muscle and give a more "toned" look. If you have been (or are) very overweight, you may experience some loose skin which you can't do anything about but it is better than being obese.
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You need to build the scaffolding. Go to the gym and start doing work that hits your triceps, here's a few examples... overhead press, pushups (can even do against the wall to start with), bench press, seated rows paying attention to negative reps, assisted dips, tricep extensions, rope pulldowns, etc etc.
  • rnelson88
    rnelson88 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you do resistance training, it will help tighten up the loose skin. Try to do at least 2-3 days a week resistance training along with 30-60 minute cardio at least 3 times per week. If you're doing cardio and resistance training during the same time, make sure you do the resistance training first. As far as the intensity of the cardio sessions, do either interval training(ex: 30 second sprint then walk for 60 seconds X 10 reps) or moderate level intensity(ex: maintain about 65% max heart rate for the duration of the session) for 30-60 minutes. Let me know if you have any questions. Have a blessed day!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    rnelson88 wrote: »
    If you do resistance training, it will help tighten up the loose skin. !

No it really won't I'm afraid. Unless you are filling the skin with bulging biceps.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    You probably won't lose the arm fat until after you've gotten to your goal weight. It'll get better the longer you work out and strength train. You don't want to lose weight quick or you'll have excess skin. I did get rid of my arm fat, but it took a long time. I lost the weight, but still had skin hanging down, even though I had definition in my arms. I continued weight training and that eventually helped and I no longer have excess fat or skin under my arms. If you are new to weight lifting, you might want to check out a BodyPump class. You work out all your major muscle groups and it really helped me learn more about lifting. You don't lift super heavy because you have to make it through an entire song, but I have excellent muscle definition now.

Please note this is not possible unless you eat right. I've been going to Body Pump for close to 1 year now, and some people have not changed a bit because they are most likely eating too much, and they never try to increase the weight they lift.
  • rnelson88
    rnelson88 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    rnelson88 wrote: »
    If you do resistance training, it will help tighten up the loose skin.

No it really won't I'm afraid. Unless you are filling the skin with bulging biceps.!

Not necessarily true. But bulging biceps would help lol

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit to lose body fat. Of course, lifting weights will help with your muscle tone, but you won't see the muscle with a high body fat percentage.

Keep losing and you'll get smaller all over - including arms.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    So i know obviously I need to loose weight which I have been doing but I really want to work on the under arm fat as it drives me crazy that I can't wear tank tops or anything like that because I am embarrassed by this big ball of jiggly fat so what can I do

"Bat wings" - or "Bingo Wings" are tricep muscles.

https://www.verywell.com/triceps-exercises-1231109

This won't spot reduce......but strength training helps you retain muscle as you lose weight.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Lose weight and lift.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    You'll need a progressive lifting program and a caloric deficit. You can't spot reduce. The issue is that people become so focussed on one area that they think that is problem, usually it's the entire body that has to be in order for that one spot to see results. It's the same as a kid looking in the mirror and thinking "I wish I had bigger arms" when in reality the true issue is that their entire body is lacking in muscle but they're too focussed on a singular area.
  • cogirljb
    cogirljb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    Lose weight and lift.

This!!!