Question for the Ladies

Options
Describe the "ideal" (yet practicle and possible) man....let us have it...see if we listen lol!

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend. :love: He is indescribable! But here are some of my favorite things:

Affectionate
    Great sense of humor
    Active
    Conversational
    Thoughtful
    Daydreamer (like me)
    Old-fashioned romantic
    Very even-tempered
    Handsome!!

And some things he wants to work on:
    Follow-through
    Staying focused
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    my new boyfriend is great. He has faults but :

He's loving
    Pays his bills
    communicates
    thoughtful
    respectful
    honest
    and of course i think he's handsome too.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... my husband, only with muscles! :) He's on his way there, though.
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    honest
    loyal
    unselfish
    a man's man
    and somebody that knows who he is

and possibly tall

My boyfriend is all these and more and he is 6'5" :love: :blushing: :tongue:
  • tigerlily_18
    Options
    The ideal man would put his money in savings instead of buying roses so he could fix or buy a new appliance when it breaks. An ideal man would be handy or smart enough to know who to call and I'm not talking about his mother. The ideal man would be there when he's needed even if it's extremely uncomfortable for him, because he knows that she would be there for him. An ideal man would plan ahead. He would be respectful and kind. He would realize that no matter what 2 people can never really know each other.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Smart, healthy, not technically or mechanically challenged. No mama's boy. And good in bed. Now that is a man.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The "perfect" man would:

*stand up to me and stand up for me with equal measures of passion for both

*tall (6'2"+, athletic/muscular, dark hair, light eyes, strong shoulders, MUST HAVE CALVES - chicken legs annoy me, short hair, no body carpeting/relations to primates, good teeth, strong jaw...I'm picky so I'll stop there)

*intelligent (doesn't need a dictionary/thesaurus to have a conversation above the 2nd grade level)

*sense of humor (I live to laugh)

*sarcasm and an appreciation for sarcasm returned

*be more of a man than I am...
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Buff is nice and all that, but what really does it for me? A guy who can laugh, a guy with a great sense of humor who can laugh at himself but doesn't feel the need to laugh at others. A guy with a kind heart who can empathize with others. A guy who is responsible, is where he's supposed to be when he's supposed to be (or calls when he's going to be late). A guy who is smart and loves to learn. A guy who can commit--I don't necessarily mean relationship-wise, I mean a guy who keeps his word, who does what he says he's going to do. Responsible with money, honest, patient, and calm. A guy who doesn't drink to excess. A guy who's supportive and doesn't need to undercut or lessen the importance of other people's accomplishments in order to play up his own.

Not a saint--he gets to screw up, we all do it.

I can't say, "Totally buff" or "6'5" and blond" because I've met guys I thought were "smokin' hot" until I talked to them for five mintues (amazing how ugly someone can get), and I've met guys I didn't find at all attractive until we shared a 20 minute conversation (amazing how good looking someone can get!).

My husband? Most of those good things most of the time, and my heart all the time.

Kris
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hmmm,
    Smart
    Funny
    Social
    Laid back/eventempered
    Responsible
    Affectionate
    Able to have a conversation
    Supportive
    Willing to make me a part of his life and be a part of mine
    Able to have a fight without being disrespectful, yelling, or ruining the relationship
    Into me, lol
    Attractive/good in bed doesn't hurt either :)
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Well first of all, the first thing I notice about someone is their eyes and smile. My husband has baby blues and after 24 yrs., they still make my heart melt.

But to answer your question -

- A sense of humor
    - Compassionate
    - Hard Worker
    - A good provider
    - Loving
    - Laid back and even tempered
    - Christian
    - Understanding

Im sure there is more, but that's a start! :smile:
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    A "bad boy", but with a sweet side that he shares only with his girl...

(That's not all, of course, just adding to what the others have said :wink: )
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Taeyang :love: Even though...I think he's gay.
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    I love these kind of questions!!!

-Taller than me (5'7" +)
    -Dark hair
    -Motorcycles (Makes a 6 an instant 10!)
    -Musclllles
    -Shaved head lmao
    -Wild personality
    -Funny guys! Like sarcastic (not overly)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    - honest
    - successful. By success I don't mean monetary success entirely. I think that if someone is genuinely happy with himself and his life, the choices he's making in the present -then he's successful. Fortunately for many people that sort of lifestyle choice has earned them money. But sometimes it doesn't.
    - emotionally available
    - stable. Emotionally and financially stable.
    - straight-shooter. Always up-front and says exactly what's on his mind. There is no guessing what he means, no interpreting actions, etc.
    - silly
    - confident. Not to be confused with being a pompous *kitten*.
    - passionate. Passionate about SOMETHING. Art, guitar-playing, nature, human interests, etc. Something. It adds texture.
    - cares about himself. I'm not talking about a health-nut. But overindulgence isn't healthy in any form for very long. He's concerned about his nutrition to some extent and exercises somehow to stay fit, both mentally and physically.
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    - Very, very intelligent. I tend to favor book smarts... Advanced degrees are sexy.
    - Their career is something they love, and a part of their identity (it's true for me, and people with jobs just for money don't understand me.)
    - Funny. Very, very funny. This can be many different kinds of humor.
    - Communicative.
    - Supportive.
    - Warm.
    - Humane.
    - Open-minded and progressive.
    - Being very tall, very broad-shouldered, and a great head of hair doesn't hurt in my book. But those personality traits are far more important.

I will admit a strong preference for geeks and artsy guys, as I am an artsy geek. I have dated programmers and professional musicians for a long time.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    As long as he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't talk all day long (yes, the roles are reversed in my marriage - he's the nagger). I still <3 him though anyways.