Thankful for small victories.....they lead to greater ones!

Options
JonesJM8
JonesJM8 Posts: 38 Member
So, I am a sucker for those green sour apple twists (think Twizzlers) that are sold at the Dollar Tree. Apparently, so is everyone else because they are elusive AF, which causes me to stock up on them (translation binge). Yesterday, I went in to the store to get some plastic tableware and Valentine's Day cards. Lo and behold there were a plethora of MY green sour apple twists!!! Kudos to me for stopping mid reach and leaving that bag of sugar right there on the shelf.

Share some of your "breakthrough" moments.

Replies

• eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Those things are sooo good. I like the watermelon ones too :wink:

I have recently started a milestone tactic with my weightloss using happy scale. Ive done the milestone thing before, but for some reason this time I really like not having a TIME limit on these milestones. I feel motivated to keep going to reach the first one, but not stressed about doing it before 'x' date.
  • JonesJM8
    Options
    eissacf25 wrote: »
    That's awesome!!! Those things are sooo good. I like the watermelon ones too :wink:

I have recently started a milestone tactic with my weightloss using happy scale. Ive done the milestone thing before, but for some reason this time I really like not having a TIME limit on these milestones. I feel motivated to keep going to reach the first one, but not stressed about doing it before 'x' date.

Ahhh, that magical word motivation. :) Happy Scale...sounds promising.
  • Farrell73
    Farrell73 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • JonesJM8
    Options
    Farrell73 wrote: »
    Way to go!!!

Thanks Farrell73! :D
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    What self-control! Awesome!!
  • JonesJM8
    Options
    woznube7 wrote: »
    What self-control! Awesome!!

Thank you woznube7.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Those are delicious. And of course you can't just eat one. Good for you on recognizing your weakness and leaving them there.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Icing. Its in the same aisle as the low fat blueberry and apple muffin mixes I like. I didn't buy any, even though I used to bring it home and eat it straight from the can.

Also, ate out for the first time in weeks and chose the veggie option rather than the chicken smothered in cheese, guac and sour cream. The veggies were good and I felt victorious instead of guilty.
  • JonesJM8
    Options
    Those are delicious. And of course you can't just eat one. Good for you on recognizing your weakness and leaving them there.

:) Thanks!
  • JonesJM8
    Options
    Lucy1771 wrote: »
    Icing. Its in the same aisle as the low fat blueberry and apple muffin mixes I like. I didn't buy any, even though I used to bring it home and eat it straight from the can.

Also, ate out for the first time in weeks and chose the veggie option rather than the chicken smothered in cheese, guac and sour cream. The veggies were good and I felt victorious instead of guilty.

Awesome display of discipline!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!