PB2- any good?

Options
Hey guys!! Has anyone tried PB2?? What are your thoughts? I think it would be good in shakes and things, but wasn't sure about taste! Let me know!

Replies

• brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I like it in shakes. Mixes pretty well in blender bottle.
  • goodkoalie
    goodkoalie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love it. I like to have it in the morning on a piece of toast with a small bit of honey or jam. Plus, at only about 20 calories for a Tablespoon, it does not have the calories of normal peanut butter.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I love it. I eat the chocolate flavor as a snack and cook with the regular.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    It's pretty good. I make it a little more runny than they suggest. I've mixed it with oatmeal and yogurt, both worked well
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i dont like it. It has no flavor to me and is runny when mixed. i will usually make the real stuff fit... but i think its a great concept and a little bummed i dont like it.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    To me it taste more of a dry roasted peanut than a nut butter but I like it.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    It's okay. I would rate it "meh."
  • greasysgal
    greasysgal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I shake a Tbs of it in with my Unjury Choc. Splendor protein powder, water & ice and it tastes (to me) like a Reeses pbc. Hi protein/lo carb treat
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've mixed it in my homemade yogurt once. That batch was runny and I wasn't impressed. The batch I have now is quite firm so I should try that again this weekend.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I mix it in cottage cheese, yogurt,smoothies, protein sludge and fluff. The only way i haven't tried it yet is on bread/toast.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    love it I use it daily in sandwiches, shakes, oatmeal, yogurt, etc!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I buy peanut flour (no sugar or salt added) to make my peanut sauces. 8bvb2n5rycam.jpg
  • prdrivas
    prdrivas Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use it in my shake and on toast. I think it's great.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot. It's not very sweet but I like that too. I have it on ezekiel bread with a little jam for breakfast, or the one with chocolate makes a great snack with an apple.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    i dont like it. It has no flavor to me and is runny when mixed. i will usually make the real stuff fit... but i think its a great concept and a little bummed i dont like it.

Use less water?
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot. I keep the consistency on the thick side, so the texture is more like peanut butter than runny. So worth the substitution, having it with an apple or banana or on a multigrain English muffin
  • ashxo12
    ashxo12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much for everyone's opinions! I don't think I want to substitute my regular pb on toast, but definitely want to try it in shakes and smoothies! I think I'll go on and purchase it! :smiley:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    ashxo12 wrote: »
    Awesome! Thanks so much for everyone's opinions! I don't think I want to substitute my regular pb on toast, but definitely want to try it in shakes and smoothies! I think I'll go on and purchase it! :smiley:

Yes^

I can't imagine this would work for toast either. Maybe if you mixed it with jelly.....not with water. Great in oatmeal.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    ashxo12 wrote: »

Yes^

I can't imagine this would work for toast either. Maybe if you mixed it with jelly.....not with water. Great in oatmeal.

I don't mind it on toast when I make it into a paste by adding a little water (not 1 to 1 like they suggest that is too much water), but it needs some jelly with it as well. Then again, when I eat peanut butter on toast I need jelly on it as well.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i am in love with it and find i cant even have it in the house as i eat the ENTIRE container in one sitting! i love it dry or on ice cream, or mixed with anything...i get the chocolate one. if you can fit it in your macro's i think its great, i just find it really hard to stop eating it once i start! I need to learn moderation...i have tried regular and chocolate and love both!