At home workout peeps....

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    If there's any kind of impact, shoes.
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Shoes for Elliptical, then socks for a bit of lifting and calisthenics then I end up barefoot by the end for dancing :wink:
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Rowing machine and body weight exercises (for now) at home. Sometimes I do them in socks and shoes, sometimes just socks, and sometimes barefoot. I really just depends on my mood and, to a lesser extent, the weather.
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    shoes only because I have nerve issues in my foot I am nursing. lol
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I do StrongLifts in my socks, but wear shoes for treadmilling.
  • kiki32782
    kiki32782 Posts: 7 Member
    Socks. All the way everyday! Just be careful!
  • showerbeer182
    showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
    stephmph16 wrote: »
    Barefoot. I don't like shoes on in the house and socks are for when I'm being cozy.

Ooooh yah I do love those cozy socks!!!!
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    I always wonder this myself. However I can't go bare. I don't have a good balance to go bare footed. So I need shoes to support me. I do try to do yoga and Pilates in shoes but that doesn't always work out.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    barefoot
  • cogirljb
    cogirljb Posts: 66 Member
    If I workout at home I'm usually barefoot or in socks
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    mostly barefoot, except weights, I usually wear socks for those
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    socks/barefoot for weights and walking...running shoes.
  • dvanetta
    dvanetta Posts: 4 Member
    Usually socks
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Typically barefoot. For PiYo (Pilates & Yoga) I bought those yoga gloves and socks so I don't slip...I despise yoga mats.
  • mcouey84
    mcouey84 Posts: 31 Member
    barefoot indoor cycling and free weights at home...I'm too clumsy in socks
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    I don't want to use my outside shoes all over my carpet, so I bought a pair that are only for my indoor workouts. I have tried doing workouts barefoot, but feel like my ankles struggle and I am nervous about hurting myself. I also cannot do planks without shoes, so I just stick with what is easy.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Workout clothes, socks and shoes - just like if I were at the gym. I wish I had a large full body mirror that was in line with my workout area (that would require moving the TV, so it will never happen :) ). Sometimes I go shoe-less for short workouts but even though I usually start with a plan, it might change and if I have to stop and put on shoes, etc . . . lets just say I am easily distracted.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    GF and I go barefoot on her Moroccan rug...yoga, workout videos, aerobics, etc.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Soooo lemme ask this ladies and gentlemen...when you workout at home...say p90x...t25...yoga...ummm whatever it may be...are you going barefoot?? Doing socks??? Or do you totally slip into your shoes?? I usually do my p90x3 barefoot but wondering what everyone else is doing out there eh????

barefoot but my toes are crunching with t25 so i ordered brand new sneakers and will be using them on my carpet for indoor use only to keep it clean
  • showerbeer182
    showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
    Oooooh I love that the barefoot discussion is still going real strong people!!! I did my p90x3 upper body tonight and you bet you're booty I was NOT wearing shoooes...or socks...toes fully exposed to the elements people!!!