I'm starting Insanity tomorrow! Wish me luck!! :-)

Options
So I finally got my hands on the Insanity dvd set and I'm going to be starting tomorrow!! Everyone wish me luck, I've heard even the first day is really intense :/. Does anyone have any tips on things I should or shouldn't eat before the workout?

Replies

• farfalledibaciodinotte
    farfalledibaciodinotte Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    woot!!! go you!!!
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing insanity after I complete P90X. keep us posted on your thoughts on the program and of course your progress and results !
  • akninsas
    akninsas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!! Im starting Insanity tomorrow as well.
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I started it last week and it's mental.
    Even the recovery is tough, my leg muscles have never ached that much.
  • Dennistg99
    Dennistg99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bro. This is awesome! Get plenty of protein in your system. One thing you don't want to do is over doing it the first few days. A lot of people think they need to keep up 100% and end up pulling muscles they didn't know they had. Work up to it and you'll have a blast with it and see the results. Good luck and keep us posted on the results.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat anything heavy for damn sure. A word of advice, pay attention to your form, breathe [properly], and push as hard as you can. It's one thing to take as many breaks as you need to maintain proper form in order to work the proper muscles, rather than get sloppy, work out the wrong muscles and then end up thinking you did it right; and/or tapping out during the routines. Other than that, have fun with it man. You will be sore. That's normal. 1st day is Fit Test. So, watch the "Dig Deeper" segment prior to starting it to see the basics of proper form for most of the routines.
  • pamarnold
    pamarnold Posts: 36
    Options
    Certainly wishing you luck!! I have the Supreme 90 Day program which isn't near as intense as Insanity and I have a super hard time with it! Don't forget to do the before, during, and after pics to chart your progress. From what I hear, if you put your all into it, you'll be amazed at the transformation!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2 and my 2nd fit test today... I gotta tell ya it kicks my butt everyday! Lots of protein and water!
  • bmarq21
    bmarq21 Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! i'll be sure to stock up on protein throughout the day! I'm sure I'm in for a rude awakening once it begins because I am pretty out of shape. But i figured, if i made it through track season in high school, i can put up with this lol
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    You can do it"