Options

Replies

• maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    maybe1pe wrote: »
    everher wrote: »
    I've done a couple of bags. Problem is my skinny clothes are not the best. Wearing Jeans at work today that have paint on them. I have 1 pair of dress pants left. But I'm only halfway to my goal and don't want to spend a bunch of money. Boss is fine with it though. Just odd to be an accountant in jeans :)

I'm about a third of the way to my goal and nothing really fits anymore. I'm with you though I haven't wanted to spend money on new things that won't fit in however long. Another 20lbs and I'm going to have to cave and buy stuff though.

I only buy things supppppperrrrr on sale. I've looked at thrift shops in the area and they just never have anything that appropriate for work really mostly jeans that are ripped up. BUT if I am patient and wait and look for sales I can find stores that will do buy one get one free slacks (I'll get my size and a size down) and places that do $8-$10 jeans. And I only buy tops on clearance.

Do you have an "affluent" area near you? I used to live in a town in the UK that had a lot of well-to-do residents, and the quality of the stuff in the thrift stores there was very high!

Or you could check out consignment stores, perhaps? Although the one near me has become more picky about what they'll take, so a lot of their clothes are now out of my price range (even though they're cheap for the quality/label).

It's a difficult thing, knowing what to do! I've been unemployed for a long time so money is tight, but I still need decent clothing on hand in case I get an interview and finding things that fit and are good enough hasn't been easy! I managed to snag a pair of dress pants in a sale, but they're almost loose now... a couple more good pairs that I found in the thrift store are still too tight, so I'm just hoping I won't be caught in the middle when I need some! ;)

I live in a divided town. half is "affluent" and the other half is very poor. The problem is that even thrift stores on this side of town are VERY picked over. I work for state government and my agency is strictly business casual so I tend to focus on clothing that is work appropriate. I tend to only have 1 pair of jeans at a time but 3-5 pairs of slacks because I wear those most.

Like you said the consignment shops near me are cheap for the brands and labels they accept butttttt that's still way out of my range that I'm willing to spend on clothing that I'll only be able to wear for a month maybe 2.

I really can't wait to get to goal just so I can start getting a reasonable wardrobe with more diversity and have things that fit better!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    maybe1pe wrote: »
    everher wrote: »
    I've done a couple of bags. Problem is my skinny clothes are not the best. Wearing Jeans at work today that have paint on them. I have 1 pair of dress pants left. But I'm only halfway to my goal and don't want to spend a bunch of money. Boss is fine with it though. Just odd to be an accountant in jeans :)

I'm about a third of the way to my goal and nothing really fits anymore. I'm with you though I haven't wanted to spend money on new things that won't fit in however long. Another 20lbs and I'm going to have to cave and buy stuff though.

I only buy things supppppperrrrr on sale. I've looked at thrift shops in the area and they just never have anything that appropriate for work really mostly jeans that are ripped up. BUT if I am patient and wait and look for sales I can find stores that will do buy one get one free slacks (I'll get my size and a size down) and places that do $8-$10 jeans. And I only buy tops on clearance.

I did manage to find jeans on sale for $15. So I bought a pair one size too small and a pair 2 sizes too small.

I was ticked though because for the first time they had what my size used to be for $15. Last time I had to buy online for a lot more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!