What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Actually started reading the maintenance threads every once in a while! Anticipation!!
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Actually started reading the maintenance threads every once in a while! Anticipation!!

And YES YOU will!! Keep up the great work!!
  • laleehecht
    laleehecht Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    For bathing suits, I never have gone below a small in bottoms (and have been in the past size large or medium) and for the first time ever (even counting high school), I am able to fit XS.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My work pants have become so saggy and I was already down to my last belt notch so I pulled out my trusty pocket knife and cut a new hole into the belt so that I could tighten my pants up and keep them from sagging so low on my waist

I've had to cut holes in belts before to extend their reach, but never to make them go tighter. A huge NSV for me!
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Walking into the dinning room and my husbands friend asking me if I've been working out told me he was checking me out. haha
  • slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    istacyi wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I have been on here for a year, but just lurking. I am almost 50 years old and honestly the fittest and healthiest I have ever been. For a long time, I have had a fear of falling. Not of getting hurt, but of not being able to get up without embarrassment. Last night I was doing a progressive workout...each day a new set of exercises is added on to the day before. Well, yesterdays add on was a 30 second plank. I did it! At first I was just happy that I could hold myself up in that position at all. Then I realized...not only that, but I got on the floor without even giving it a second thought. I can easily get up now, it wasn't a concern at all. Probably a very small thing to most, but it made my day :).

Atta Lady!!!! Keep it up!
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Last night I took a walk with the fiancé, for 6 1/2 miles. I wore shorts and there wasn't even the tiniest bit of friction burn (chub rub) on my inner thighs. 99lbs ago that wouldn't have even been an option!
  • KareninLux
    Options
    Have a formal to go to in a few weeks and since I'm trying to lose weight I decided not to spend money on a new dress at this size since I'll never get to wear it again (that's right because I will lose this weight!), and just make something work that's already in my closet. But on a whim I decided to just browse through some dresses, and found one that was marked down to about $30 from $200. I was immediately bum when I saw it was a 10 and the only one left. I'm still fitting in 16 for goodness sakes!

Decided to try it on so I could see how far I still need to go before I'll ever be a 10, and OMG it fit! I'm sure it's vanity sizing at its finest but I'll take it.

Now if I could just get the bulk of my clothes in my closet to be a 10, and not a 16, then I'll really be excited. But I'm making progress!

That is so awesome for you~! Enjoy your dress!!
  • KareninLux
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been on here for a year, but just lurking. I am almost 50 years old and honestly the fittest and healthiest I have ever been. For a long time, I have had a fear of falling. Not of getting hurt, but of not being able to get up without embarrassment. Last night I was doing a progressive workout...each day a new set of exercises is added on to the day before. Well, yesterdays add on was a 30 second plank. I did it! At first I was just happy that I could hold myself up in that position at all. Then I realized...not only that, but I got on the floor without even giving it a second thought. I can easily get up now, it wasn't a concern at all. Probably a very small thing to most, but it made my day :).

From one 'almost 50' gal to another ... congrats!! I can so relate!!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I've become used to physical activity. Yesterday my husband and I were in town running errands. One of them was getting something looked at on our car. I could tell it was going to take a little while so I grabbed my banking and walked to and from my bank, about a mile each way.
    The mechanic looked at me like I was nuts.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Decided to switch things up and work out at home today. I did a 3 mile walk/aerobics video that I hadn't done in about 8 months. Eight months ago doing this work out (48 min long) resulted in me pausing numerous times, shortness of breath, having to stop for water, pain, and sometimes quitting right in the middle of it. Happy to say that I did the video today without stopping not once all the way through! I'm not where I want to be as far as time but I'm glad I haven't quit and still have my eye on the ball.
  • istacyi
    istacyi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »

From one 'almost 50' gal to another ... congrats!! I can so relate!!

Thank you!
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Today I wore a bra that I purchased last year without trying it on. I wore it once then with an extender and it was just way too tight and I hated it all day. Today I pulled it out of my drawer and wore it comfortably without an extender!
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    1) I purchased a size large t-shirt yesterday. Thought that I would need to shrink into it but tried it on today anyway. And . . . . drum roll . . . . . IT FITS!

When I started losing weight, I had to wear 4XL shirts (from the men's range) and they were seriously tight. Not only does my new shirt fit but it's not tight and I don't look too bad in it! I'm going to have to go back and buy a medium so that I'm not distraught when this one no longer fits.

2) I had enough calories left today for a small chocolate bar. I was encouraged by my husband to have said chocolate bar (I think that he just wants me to gain weight so that he can have my new ultra-cool T-shirt - I say this jokingly) - so I opted for a banana instead. And I enjoyed it.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Celebrated one year of mfp!
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Ooh, another one - when I look in the mirror, I can see clearly defined collar bones.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!