fitbit question

Options
All you successful people would your recommend a FitBit?

Replies

• Simmonsfitcoach
    Simmonsfitcoach Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use the neo health fitness tracker.
  • Slightly_Amusing
    Slightly_Amusing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love the fitbit stuff. I had an alta which was nice, counted just the basic stuff. Had it for a year and loved every second. I just recently got the Charge 2 and it has been amazing as well. Thankfully this one counts stairs, something I like to track as a cable guy. It's not the best at heart rate but if you follow the instructions on the paper you'll see better results. It's also been a huge motivation for me. It keeps me focused on what I am going towards.
  • Mommamaddy
    Mommamaddy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Can you Sync your my fitnesspal to it also?
  • Slightly_Amusing
    Slightly_Amusing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mommamaddy wrote: »
    Can you Sync your my fitnesspal to it also?

Yes. My wife has been having a lot of trouble with hers syncing but mine have worked fine. It will add your steps and add the cals burned into you diary.
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have had my Fitbit Charge 2 since October and I really like it. It syncs easily, keeps reasonable track of my activities, is small enough not to be annoying (I had not worn a watch in 10+ years and did not want a huge thing on my wrist) and helps me stay focused on my goals. I love the alarm and the movement reminders.

All of that being said, it is not perfect and I doubt a serious athlete would like it as much as I do.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've been using a FitBit for almost 4 1/2 years now. First the Ultra and then the One. LOVE mine...I don't think I would've lost 85lbs without it!
  • charllalamond4
    charllalamond4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got the fitbit charge 2 early December and I love it. I find that the heart rate is pretty acurate. I love how much more accountable it helps me become with the fitness aspect of my journey. I had trouble syncing it with mfp at first bit I figured out my problem I was linking it to an old mfp account. Now ot works fine and I love how much more accurate everything is recorded. I never owned a fitbit before this but I did do a lot of research before I purchased this one, and it was a great purchase in my opinion.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. It's super motivating and I like tracking my stats through the app. Having said that, it overestimates my calorie burns I think- if I eat back what it says I can, I don't lose weight. So I don't eat back my Fitbit calories and instead allow myself a bite of my husband's pizza or a sour punch straw here and there, hehe.
  • megsi886
    megsi886 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really do anything your smartphone can't already do. It does provide another interface, and it can stay with you if you don't always want to carry your phone. There's an app and a community, but I'm pretty sure you can use those without a device if you like them.

If you want to track sleep, that's easier with the dedicated trackers. They also can show you your progress on your wrist so you don't have to open your phone. You can set them to vibrate when you've been sitting down too long to remind you to get up and move. (The sleep data isn't incredibly scientific or revealing, but it's better than nothing.)

I've used jawbone trackers more than Fitbit, and I've really enjoyed them, but when my current one dies I'm going to just use my phone, either Google fit or maybe the jawbone app with no device. (I don't understand Google fit's syncing with MFP. Last time I tried it it seemed to give me too many exercise calories. Jawbone gives me bonus calories if I exceed a certain step count. Can't remember what Fitbit does.)
  • Suzeq66
    Suzeq66 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have the zip very basic but does the job I had the HR the band broke. My phone can track steps but I do not have pockets on all of my dress pants at work and cannot carry it at all times. The zip has a watch battery so you do not have to charge it and it clips to whatever.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I received a Fitbit Blaze for Christmas and I love it!! I don't use it much for steps but love it for weight lifting, it keeps track of my heart rate so I can have a better idea of my calories burned during a lifting session (which isn't very much) lol
  • beckty
    beckty Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just got my Blaze and love it so far. I wanted it mainly to track my HR and true calories expended. I try not to eat back what it says I can. I stick to my 1600'ish calories (which is 80% of my supposed TDEE). I am going to watch the true daily calories burned trend though for myself and see if the estimated 1950 TDEE I've always calculated is accurate.

Having the information on my wrist at all times (along with reminders to get a few more steps in each hour) is very motivational for me. And I need all of the motivation I can get!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!