The AGE you look based on your WEIGHT?

Options

Replies

• alslau02
    alslau02 Posts: 64
    Options
    I've gone back down to 16 years old...:ohwell: I'll be 30 in Feb.
    My weight loss and braces has caused this.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    really hasnt changed people have always thought i was younger than i am my face just isnt as round now but i'm always told i look about 22 but i'm 34
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Most people think I look younger even heavy. There was a period when my oxygen was low and I ended up looking very tired and my age. Now that I'm on oxygen I look younger again. With the 40lbs lost I look even younger. Not sure what will happen when I get to goal.
  • finabella
    finabella Posts: 176
    Options
    No one has said anything about my age but personally I think I look younger now then when I was overweight (I hardly recognised myself when I was fat). Now that I have lost the weight I look back at photo's that are 10 years old and I look like that girl again!!! :smile:
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    People have always commented on my daughter's resemblance to me, but now that I have lost a lot of weight and we are much closer in size. I have people all the time asking if we are sisters. I swear. I have always been told that I look younger than my age. But to be told I look a lot like my kid is fabulous.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You tell me!

7434194_4814.jpg7434194_7482.jpg

The first picture was from a year ago (4th of July), roughly 35lbs heavier. The second, July 2nd this year.

I'm 36.
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    Most people think I look younger even when I am overweight. I think it varies case by case.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell.. but I know that I am more wrinkly now I don't have that extra fat to plump up my face!
    And my ears stick out and my chin is strange and pointy.
    Can you tell that I'm not quite used to my new face?

Judging by your pic, I think you look lovely. I would diiiieeee for a pointy chin by the way! Congratulations :tongue:

Well thank you, that just made my day :)
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    You tell me!

7434194_4814.jpg7434194_7482.jpg

The first picture was from a year ago (4th of July), roughly 35lbs heavier. The second, July 2nd this year.

I'm 36.

You look younger than 30 in both pics!!! blessed :tongue:
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    @cris - Wow - You DEFINATELY look younger since you lost the weight! and Hotter might I hasted to add....
    Based purely on those pics I would have said you were 29 / 30yrs .

Me - well, based on my height and my looks, I always get mistaken for being at least 10 years younger. Although I don't want to look any older, I would prefer to look a litter NEARER to my ACTUAL age.

Just out of curiosity - How old would you say I am?
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've gone back down to 16 years old...:ohwell: I'll be 30 in Feb.
    My weight loss and braces has caused this.

Haha! I'm 24 and have braces. My personal trainer was shocked to hear I was old enough to have a full time job!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Being short means I am often thought to be younger than I am.

I still sometimes get asked for ID if I am buying alcohol with my shopping [I'm 31]. I got asked for ID when I was 20lbs heavier as well !!

I have recently stopped smoking so I am hope this helps kepe me looking younger LOL!
  • theoddmissus
    Options
    When I was underweight people often thought that I was older than my real age, even though I was never make-up heavy. Now that I'm... err.. chubbier, I'm often mistaken for a student and I'll be 30 in October. I think it's not just about the weight, it's also about the BMI. I tend to think that when you're in a healthy BMI range, you'll look healthier :)
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the amount of extra weight you're carrying. For people who are obese/morbidly obese, they usually look much older than they actually are to me (I know I did).
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My nose has shrunk with weight loss.
    I don't know if that makes me look any different in age,
    but it makes me like my face better. [:

OMG I hope my nose gets smaller too. I didn't even think of that possibility! =D

<
    jumps on treadmill and will not get off until nose is smaller!!

:laugh:

I am fifty, so it may be different with older ladies. I lost down to about 135 or so and my skin was a bit saggy. LOTS of creams and slugging down water snapped it back. I have been told I look younger, but I attribute it to caring more about my looks. I WANT to wear makeup, fix my hair, take my vitamins...........drink my water! OMG that is so important to hydrating your skin too!

So for me, the health and attitude makes us look younger.

<
    still on treadmill, nose still big:grumble:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    People always thought I was younger than I am. Yay for sunscreen and never smoking! :drinker:

But losing weight, exercising, eating better and drinking 12-16 glasses of water a day has given me an even more youthful glow. :blushing:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, people look younger when they're fitter and leaner. Except for the two periods of my life when I carried extra weight, people have always guessed me to be younger than my age.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I've been guessed a couple of years older than my real age! I'm 28 and twice people have guessed me as 32! Apparently a lot of people who have noticed my weight loss had also noticed how much darker eyes bags are and I look more fatigue.

However, good news is that everyone has said I'm getting prettier! At least that makes up for it. I think...
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    For me losing weight has definitely made me look younger. 3 years ago someone guessed my age at 32!!! :sad: I was horrified, these days after 60 lbs lost people are always surprised when I tell them I just turned 30. A lot of people guess my age around 25. :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I've been guessed a couple of years older than my real age! I'm 28 and twice people have guessed me as 32! Apparently a lot of people who have noticed my weight loss had also noticed how much darker eyes bags are and I look more fatigue.

However, good news is that everyone has said I'm getting prettier! At least that makes up for it. I think...

i have been using a cream with vitamin E oil in it. I read when you put a water based product on the under eye area the skin is so thin it absorbs it. I have seen a dramatic difference since I have been doing this.

BTW you ARE beautiful!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!