Anyone doing keto

Options
Hi i started this keto diet about one month ago just for the fun of it. But now i feel good and lost around 20 pounds . Just wanted to see if anyone else is doing keto and would suggest a good meal plan.. thanks

Replies

• bmamba85
    bmamba85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started doing keto diet since the beginning of this year, I'm still new to this but I would love to share experience
    Thanks
  • pudpaul
    pudpaul Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is the Leto diet similar to Atkins?
  • pudpaul
    pudpaul Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oops Keto not Leto
  • jodimclean80
    jodimclean80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started Keto this week my brother had heaps of success with this woe I decided to give it a go
  • LupusChic41
    LupusChic41 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I've just started on the keto diet. Please add me so we can support each other and have a laugh at the same time
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    I've been doing keto for a week. I have a Pinterest board dedicated to recipes and started reading a few blogs. I'd be happy to share what I have with you.
  • LupusChic41
    LupusChic41 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That would be fantastic . I appreciate any help at all. I have over 100lbs to shift. X
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Five months on keto diet now with 48 pound weight loss (22 to go). I am a pescatarian (I eat fish but no meat), so it's been interesting, but I am really enjoying this lifestyle. I bought a blood ketone monitor to check my ketones (kind of a N =1 study) as I wanted to find out exactly how many carbs I can eat and still use fat as primary fuel. Strips are expensive, so use with caution! I also got rid of insulin resistance & recent blood test shows my cholesterol is great. I run 5-6 times a week (usually 3-5 miles per run) & have struggled with energy at times, but I now think that was low iron rather than low carbs and am now on iron supplements. Give it a go, it may not be for everyone but it works for me. There are plenty of great sites and keto bloggers out there, so that helps. Happy to be of help for anyone newer than me!
  • Kmart333
    Kmart333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started Atkins/Keto. I found this blog helpful: kickincarbclutter.blogspot.com. She has some meal plans and recipes. One great suggestion I'm trying tomorrow is using ground pork rinds for bread crumbs. Tonight is low carb chili with ground turkey and turkey sausage. :)
  • nathaliewild
    nathaliewild Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    At the advice of a few people around me I am going to start a ketogenic diet as of tomorrow. I just downloaded the premium version of my fitness pal just for this reason! I have never done it before, and only have one book to use as a reference for recipes (30 day ketogenic cleanse by maria emmerich) but have also in the past read the ketogenic kitchen which i found super helpful, and am as well a huge dave asprey/bulletproof diet supporter.

Consequently, my naturopath has just asked me to do an elimination diet as well as she wants to rule out any food sensitivities she is suspicious of, so that has its own restrictions (no typical allergen food groups for 4 weeks and then approx 2 weeks of reintroducing them in one by one and assessing my bodies reaction). I am now trying to combine the two so i can start the journey towards ketosis sooner than 6 weeks from now which is when id be done the elimination diet. Wish me luck!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    lots of friendly knowledgeable people over at:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

come and join us.
  • Lamourrosa
    Lamourrosa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been ketos for about 6 months now, lost 50lbs because of holidays ): lol
  • mdlady65
    mdlady65 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Been doing Keto for 2 years. It's my life, now. I'm down just over 100 lbs, but I still have a ways to go. I'm adding in regular exercise now and the scale has stopped moving. A little bummed, but I know my body will reward me.
  • RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi! Started the new year doing keto as well. As of this morning I'm down 6 lbs. Last night my test strips showed a trace of ketones so I'm on my way. Good luck!
  • hoping32
    hoping32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow!