Massive carb cravings! What foods satisfy that need.

Options
2»

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,228 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Bread, pasta and cookies.

Yup, just fit it in your calories.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean it as snarky or anything, just an honest question. My understanding is a portion of pasta compared to a portion of oatmeal and banana would be the same carb-wise, that's all. So I am confused why you can't just have a little pasta.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    @cwolfman13 While I don't buy the devil carbs hookum, I'm not trying to waste calories on a snack when I could save it for dinner. I'm looking for alternatives not slandering the good name of carbohydrates which you so defend. I enjoy bread, and pasta, a little too much over the holiday. Gained four pounds. Need to restrict so i can enjoy them in moderation again. I promise i won't insult carbs again.

Since you don't want to waste calories, what works for me is a diet soda. Satisfies my desire for a sweet taste, and no significant calorie hit from it.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
  • concavenotconvex
    concavenotconvex Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @kimny72 the calorie difference just wouldn't be worth it. If I would have put off breakfast and had a light lunch I would have indulged in pasta. I might on Sunday for dinner.

@rileysowner think I'm going to have some celery. No soda in the house. Not yet.
  • concavenotconvex
    concavenotconvex Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you @ahoy_m8
  • rileysowner
    Options
    @kimny72 the calorie difference just wouldn't be worth it. If I would have put off breakfast and had a light lunch I would have indulged in pasta. I might on Sunday for dinner.

@rileysowner think I'm going to have some celery. No soda in the house. Not yet.

Celery works too, but I can't stand it by itself and the stuff I add bumps the calories significantly. :)