TEAM MELEE! --- Challenge of the Living Dead (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• dmnosu17
    dmnosu17 Posts: 55
    Options
    hmm guess I was checking in wrong I was adding them up as a total and some posts were on the main thread. Sorry for confusion

Tues: 435
    Wed 565
    thurs 300
    fri 106
    sat 355
    sun 60
    total 1821

Sorry team I feel like I let you down a bit this week/challenge wish I could have done more but I've been pretty down for the count this week battling some crazy mutant tonsillitis. Hopefully I will be back to my normal self soon! I can't wait to see what the next challenge is.
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    Challenge is up guys! Keep sending in your totals and stuff to the forum for the captains! =]

CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD --- WEEK II

My Word is still down so excuse bad English, spelling issues and stuff. Thanks!

THE STORY

This room was your safety and outside that door was a nightmare. Venturing from the room was probably one of the hardest things you had ever done. Your heart was in your throat and racing. Every little noise of the building and the moans being carried up on the wind and through the broken windows of the building made you jump. You could feel the tension in the air as everyone waited for these ghouls to rip through the small group of 15 and shred them all to pieces. Except they never came. For some reason the floor was completely barren of the undead but they had been there. Bloody hand prints and spurts of blood stained the wallpaper and carpeting and shards of glass from broken in windows littered the ground. Occasionally as the group passed an open room you could see in the faint light from the windows you could make out the remains of something being torn apart but was not enough of a something to reanimate.

It didn't take long to come to the door that was the stair well. The small window in the door showed the pitched darkness inside due to the lights of the city going out a day prior. Well, other than the glowing room of the building visible through the safe room everyone had been in earlier.
    "Its too dark. We can't see anything," whispered a voice from the crowd.
    "Its the only way down," answered another.
    "But what if they're in their?"
    "We have no other choice. We just have to," and the person pushed the door open. Everyone held their breath but the only thing that swelled up through the darkness was the uneasiness accompanied by the silence and stale metal smell of the stair well. Whether the metallic smell was due to the building or blood nobody was sure. People then began heading down, hesitant at first but then soon everyone was racing down.

You could see through the door windows leading into the halls like the one you had come from above except these halls were not as vacant as the one above had been. In some you could see the occasional ghoul shuffling through the blood stained hallway, one had a group of at least twenty fighting to crouch on the ground shoveling the remains into their mouths. Others were stuffed full of the undead. Luckily the darkness of the stairwell shielded you from their undead eyes and the heavy doors kept your movements silent and your scent hidden.

TEAM EXPLOSIVES (exit cobylea, enter Chelle_D)
    Cobylea raced down the stairs and reached the floor first whipping around the corner of the stairs but suddenly a loud moan erupted from the darkness. Bloody hands seized her as a shredded and bloody ghoul latched onto her shoulder ripping her flesh. A scream erupted from her echoing through the stairwell sending pure terror into the hearts of every team member lost in the dark and confused by the echo. Suddenly the door to the stairs swung open and light flooded the dark stairs. Chelle_D raced through the door with a raised crowbar smashing it into the ghoul and freeing Cobylea who by now had fallen limp and conscious. Without a word Chelle_D raised the bar and brought it down making sure Cobylea would not become one of them.

"Who are you!?" Shouted someone from the team but before Chelle_D could answer someone from the team shouted "Their coming!!!" Surely the commotion had alerted the horde. A scream erupted from the group and someone began to cry seeing ghouls running towards the lobby doors smashing into the glass. "Follow me!" someone shouted and the team bolted from the stairway, down a hall to the left and out into a back ally behind the building out into the infested street swarming with undead.

RANGED/EXPLOSIVES
    The team raced out of the stairwell terrified to emerge but more scared of remaining in the darkness. The lobby was full of the undead which quickly took notice of the living meal entering their domain. A moan erupted from a ghoul and the heads of the creatures rolled, dead eyes fixing on the group. "Go go go!" shouted someone from the team as they started pushing people towards a hallway to the left and out through the back alley and out into the infested street swarming with undead.

----

CHALLENGE:

This week we have two options to choose from for challenges seeing as we have many different people of different physical abilities. Option A will be easier for those who are not as fit but it will take longer. Now if you already do these tasks in your routine or in your daily life then please tag these on as addional workouts seeing as this is suppose to be a challenge and not doing so pretty much makes it pointless. Also please choose a weight that works you, everyone is different and some will find 5 lbs difficult while others may find 35lbs difficult. Also all of these exercises can be done with items from your home but weights will make it work better for you.

Option A. You'll be walking through the city to escape into the countryside. You must walk 5 miles daily from the weapon supply store off to a small cottage just outside suburbia which will be the team's safe house. Meaning that this week you'll be traveling 35 miles total at a walking pace. Please try to keep it around dog walking pace around 3mph. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, since those deciding to flee faster will be attracting the attention of more of the undead horde before they even know there are others you'll be fighting off fewer zombies. You'll be required to do 30 reps of one arm dumbell rows, dumbbell streight punch and cross wood chops every other day in addition to your regular strength training regemin (easily divisable into 3 sets of 10 reps, modify as you see fit).

Option B. You'll be running through the city to escape into the countryside. You must jog 2 miles daily from the weapon supply store off to a small cottage just outside suburbia which will be the team's safe house. Meaning that this week you'll be traveling 14 miles total at a jogging pace. You will be attracting the most attention of the undead horde since you will be the first traveling through the city drawing their attention. You're required to do 45 reps of one arm dumbbell rows, dumbbell streight punch and cross wood chops every other day in addition to your regular strength training regemin (easily divisable into 3 sets of 15, modify as you see fit).

ALSO, everyone must decide their weapon for this week meaning they choose their own individual mini challenge for themself. Like for example, if I were to decide I wanted my 'weapon' to be to drink more water this week then I will call it my sledge hammer. Then when I complete my workout for the day I will say I ran and that I used my sledge hammer for the day. Every week you can change your weapon or goal that your weapon represents. Just a fun idea. Please submit your mini goal on your team's thread for the captain to keep track of then please update it as you would your regular physical challenge showing if you completed it every day of the week or not. This is you arriving at the weapon supply which will not be written out.

HAVE FUN GUYS!
    Please let me know any questions that you guys have because I want to make sure that everything is clear. Also I am releasing this a bit early instead of 6a since I decided to head to the gym.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Jogging/Running with a Kukri this week.

Goal: to burn at least 500 calories a day.
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wooo! New challenge! I'll be doing option A due to the fact that I have never jogged before and probably can't do it without hurting myself. I'll SEARCH the garage for my brother's old dumbells, otherwise I may just have to find something heavy-ish to lift.

Weapon: Machete - to drink at least three of my trusty drink bottles a day. I am terrible at getting my necessary water intake.

Wednesday: 770.
    Thursday: 1300.
    Friday: 2400.
    Saturday: 2020.
    Sunday: 340.
    Monday: 2000.

Total: 8830.

Start weight: 120.1 kilograms/264.7 pounds.
    Current weight: 118 kilograms/260.1 pounds.
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    Question 1: What speed is considered jogging pace? I'm probably between fast walking and jogging.
    Question 2: As long as I complete the weeks total for mileage I don't have to do it every day, right? I only work out 5 days a week per what my schedule allows.
    Question 3: When I log my exercise onto my phone (which is when I do it as I'm walking out of the gym, the iPhone doesn't allow me to add notes to my exercise. Is there a way to enter a note after wards when I get home?

The dumb bell rows can be done everyday, so that's okay and I try not bust out a ton of miles at the gym when I go anyways so this will be a good one for me.

My mini goal is to lose 2 pounds this week.

Weapon of choice : Chain saw <3 you know since we'll be strengthening up those arms, and I'm stealing your idea to drink more water.
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    Scratch question 3. I found it. I will add my exercise in those notes from now on.
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    Question 1: What speed is considered jogging pace? I'm probably between fast walking and jogging.
    I was thinking of outlining a speed for the jog but since everyone is different and has a different pace I figured that I wouldn't outline it. I guess anything above 5mph is a good jogging pace. Now if you drop down to like 4.8 then that is fine too just try to keep it around 5+mph I guess.
    Question 2: As long as I complete the weeks total for mileage I don't have to do it every day, right? I only work out 5 days a week per what my schedule allows.
    It looks good for the points to do it everyday but the weekly totals are the main objective. I'll discuss this with the other captains and we'll decide exactly what to do. I get what you're saying though for sure and that is something that should be brought up and adjusted.
    Question 3: When I log my exercise onto my phone (which is when I do it as I'm walking out of the gym, the iPhone doesn't allow me to add notes to my exercise. Is there a way to enter a note after wards when I get home?
    I'm sorry I'm a bit confused about this one. Do you mean in your records or on the team thread? Because you can add in what ever you want on the team thread when you submit your data. I know when you log onto mfp.com the site will let you edit your notes and what not.when you get home but I don't think there is anything that will let you on the app.

Did I answer everything right?
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge to get me to start jogging again. I better start waking up early.

Challenge: Option B
    Mini Challenge: 1,000 pushups this week
    Weapon: Steel pipe
  • Purple_Lurple
    Purple_Lurple Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Double post. Oops.
  • Purple_Lurple
    Purple_Lurple Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Can we build up the miles like last week? No way I'm going to have time to walk for over an hour every day :/

You'll be required to do 30 reps of one arm dumbell rows, dumbbell streight punch and cross wood chops every other day in addition to your regular strength training regemin (easily divisable into 3 sets of 10 reps, modify as you see fit

Sorry to be so easily confused, but do you mean 30 in total (10 rows, 10 punch, 10 wood chops) or 30 of each?

... Also, what's a wood chop? Haha!

Your writing is fab, I'm really enjoying this. Thank you so much for putting all the effort in for this!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    ... Also, what's a wood chop? Haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuiEZWIHWrA
  • mousumi30
    mousumi30 Posts: 52
    Options
    ok, i choose option A
    5 miles walk daily, and strenght training 30 repeats,did i got right?
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't checked in! I've been at the beach since Friday and sadly didn't have internet service (or even cell service!). I did get some stairs in, the house my boyfriend's mom rented had stairs and we had a steep climb up from the beach! Yay!

Stairs:

Mon-Thurs: 0
    Friday: 460
    Saturday:320
    Sunday: 310

Total: 1090

Sorry guys, I will do better next week!
  • Faete
    Faete Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't do running LOL! So, option A for me and my trusty cricket bat will make sure I drink 8 glasses of water a day. :bigsmile:

Fae XX
  • dmnosu17
    dmnosu17 Posts: 55
    Options
    Looks like Option A best for me...my weapon/mini goal this week is the Shillelagh to eat 5 servings veggies & 2 servings fruit each day
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I just wanted to let everyone know, the zombies got me. This challenge, while totally fun, is more than my body can physically handle right now. I do enjoy the extra push, but I know that I'll be dragging the team down. So I thought it would be more fair to everyone to bow out now and let someone else who can support the team better than I take over. Even though I didn't hit the goal for 1800 stairs, I did get through some. I sent them to ACowboyKid, along with my weight from this morning. I wish you all the best of luck. Knock those other teams (and those doggone zombies!) right out of the park!
  • KayyB13
    KayyB13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So i checked this real quick at 530 this morning right before I headed to the gym and its a good thing I did! I am doing option B.

My weapon of choice will be a baseball bat! Which will be to stay under my calories everyday this week and log everything!! (I tend to slack off on the weekend!)

So far today I have done the running (2.6 miles at different speed intervals between 5.2&6.5) and got in the dumbell rows (45 reps cut into 3x15, 30lb dumbells), the straight arm (15lb weights) and the chops (15lb).
  • KayyB13
    KayyB13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Also! My weigh in for Monday is 190.5 :)

@ACowboyKid do I need to send that to the other team captain or will you do that? Thanks!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I had a feeling I was going to gain some weight and I was right. I blame it on my creatine supplements. Hopefully I burn some heavy duty fat this week to make up for that.

Starting weight: 147 lbs
    Current weight: 148 lbs
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    OMGSH! Why wasn't I told of this challenge!!!!!!! My weekly workout always includes 5 miles of running from zombies :) I want in the next Zombie Survival Challenge!!!!