Weight loss plan / Cutting foods.

Options

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Since when does meat scream 'unhealthy'?
    Since forever.

Since never.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Since forever.

:huh:
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Y'all never seem to take binge eating disorders into account when telling people not to cut things out of their diets.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Since forever.

Well, yeah, that's why all vegetarians and vegans are slim.

/sarcasm
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    tahxirez wrote: »
    Y'all never seem to take binge eating disorders into account when telling people not to cut things out of their diets.

We are not doctors. If OP mentions that they have a binge eating disorder or are claiming red flag symptoms most of us would not advise them here but would encourage them to seek professional help.

Yes this. And cutting things out can be bad for BED, which is why people on the internet aren't the right people to treat the problem.
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    tahxirez wrote: »

We are not doctors. If OP mentions that they have a binge eating disorder or are claiming red flag symptoms most of us would not advise them here but would encourage them to seek professional help.

Yes this. And cutting things out can be bad for BED, which is why people on the internet aren't the right people to treat the problem.

Not everyone in these forums has gotten this memo.
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options

On the flip side, for some, cutting out foods can actually lead to orthorexia.

We're not doctors, and OP didn't mention ED.

I've been in BED recovery for many years now...and I haven't cut any food out of my diet. Cutting foods out lead to anxiety and binging for me...not good.

You're right, no one here's a doctor, but I sure see a lot of people trying to claim that their way is the only way. If this person want to cut stuff out of their diet to live a healthier lifestyle, let them. If it doesn't work for them, they'll come back and ask for new suggestions.
  • alarmed123
    alarmed123 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Eating meat is actually not bad as long as it's cooked in a healthy way. I stay the hell away from carbs. It's a love/hate relationship between me and carbs. I love them so much but I have no self control so I stay away completely.
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    There's no "easy" or "enjoyable " weight loss plan on earth. Once your body gets used to a strict diet and hard workouts, you start to enjoy yourself. Whoever's telling you "don't cut out soda or candy" is a total bullshitter. Those people have no idea how to lose fat. Cut out sugar and bad carbs completely. Eat high protein and healthy fat. What you're doing is no bad. Actually that's the way to go. If you consume carbs such as candy, white bread, soda or potatoes and workout at the same time, you will burn what you ate not your fat. Don't do cardio too much, resistance training is gonna help you gain muscles and lose fat mass. Have a cheat day once per week where you consume all junk food, soda whatever you want to eat to keep you sane. It actually boosts your metabolism and keeps you on track.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    nomorepuke wrote: »
    There's no "easy" or "enjoyable " weight loss plan on earth. Once your body gets used to a strict diet and hard workouts, you start to enjoy yourself. Whoever's telling you "don't cut out soda or candy" is a total bullshitter. Those people have no idea how to lose fat. Cut out sugar and bad carbs completely. Eat high protein and healthy fat. What you're doing is no bad. Actually that's the way to go. If you consume carbs such as candy, white bread, soda or potatoes and workout at the same time, you will burn what you ate not your fat. Don't do cardio too much, resistance training is gonna help you gain muscles and lose fat mass. Have a cheat day once per week where you consume all junk food, soda whatever you want to eat to keep you sane. It actually boosts your metabolism and keeps you on track.

Except I've lost 40 lbs eating lots of carbs.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Except I've lost 40 lbs eating lots of carbs.

Same here. Learn what works for your body. Personally, I avoid white bread unless it's really really good really really fresh sourdough or similar because white bread doesn't fill me up. White rice, white pasta and potatoes, on the other hand, I have no issues with at all.

And I eat "candy" every day - if you call dark chocolate "candy".

Other people will have different foods they prefer not to waste calories on and different foods that they consider "worth it".
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Great that cutting carbs works for you. I thrive eating most of those things you mentioned on a daily basis.

But wait, I'm confused. First you mention to cut it all out completely, then you say it's ok to have the junk food once per week. ??

Anyhow, do what works for you OP. You may have to experiment, if you can't moderate, you may have to cut things out temporarily until you can. Use MFP to track your intake and eat food you love, try new recipes and experiment with different flavours, make one small change daily (ex. eat more greens, walk around the block, try that veggie crock pot soup for dinner).. and you will get there. Good luck!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Cut out sugar and carbs completely? Ffs, my 100lb weight loss is proof that there is no heed to cut carbs, and I am not a bullshitter (the proof is in my progress photos which MANY have seen) and neither is anyone else. You keep saying that cutting carbs and sugar is a necessity for weight loss. This tells me you know js about how the human body works, how science works, and what calories are or what CICO actually is.

Look around. There are many successful people who have lost weight, obtained the body that they want AND maintained weight. Congratulations, you single handedly insulted the hard work of those who took the time to research the science of weight loss and lose/maintain themselves.

Also, dietitians actually disagree with your rude post in which you contradicted yourself by saying "don't eat carbs/sugar if you want to lose weight, but cheat days with carbs and sugar (which will demolish a weekly deficit, btw) are okay....
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Um, no.

Curious username, though.