New here and need MOTIVATION!! HELP...

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Kayleigh. I am new to MyFitnessPal and really need some motivation. I used to exercise regularly, but then lost motivation (which happens every time I try to lose weight). My goal is to lose weight and gain some muscle at the same time. Have a good night everyone.

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from caloric deficits. Gaining muscle comes from strength training and calorie surplus. What is your plan right now? Are you weight training? How much do you have to lose?
  • jeanyvesgagnon9203
    Options
    Add me if you want
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im Brittany. Friend request sent. If you need a mfp buddy to check in with weekly, we can do that. Just message me:-) I started mfp again after hitting rock bottom. I changed my eating habits and Im now focusing on my exercise goals. On mfp, there are group challenges you can join to help motivate you as well. Welcome and good luck!
  • kayleighcabral
    kayleighcabral Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want

Added you
  • kayleighcabral
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Weight loss comes from caloric deficits. Gaining muscle comes from strength training and calorie surplus. What is your plan right now? Are you weight training? How much do you have to lose?

Hi. I currently do not have a plan. I am just starting out again after I lost motivation a few months ago. When I was working out, I was doing more weight training, then cardio afterwards. I want to lost 25 pounds, but I also know that I can be fit at the weight I am at now also.
  • ttony80
    ttony80 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First thing I suggest doing is calculating your Daily Macro intake based on your goal, age, height and activity level.
    We would then find your caloric intake based on fitness goal muscle gain/ weight loss,
    And assign a diet along with a targeted workout routine.
    Add me if you'd like.
    I will try to help you and answer any questions you may have.
    Cheers
  • kayleighcabral
    Options
    ttony80 wrote: »
    First thing I suggest doing is calculating your Daily Macro intake based on your goal, age, height and activity level.
    We would then find your caloric intake based on fitness goal muscle gain/ weight loss,
    And assign a diet along with a targeted workout routine.
    Add me if you'd like.
    I will try to help you and answer any questions you may have.
    Cheers

Sounds awesome. Thank you for the help. Going to add you
  • timjmartin23
    timjmartin23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on a journey, I am going to lose another 100 lbs this year, already lost 24lbs since I started with a PT in mid November.

If I can share what I've found, denying yourself food or foods doesn't work - eat clean, unprocessed food for your main diet & moderation on the rest - stay in your MFP target & log everything - even if it puts you over!

Exercise is everything & don't shy from the weights as well as cardio - it accelerates your base metabolism rate & really helps.

Try not to "lose 100 lbs ... rather, lose 1lb but 100 times" ... don't know why but that makes me feel better

Add if you wish... I don't ramble on quite as much but do log every day!

Tim