Apple Cider Vinegar for FAT LOSS

Options

Replies

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    How many more ACV threads are we going to see this week?

IT DOESN'T WORK FOR WEIGHT LOSS.

I've lost 21 lbs by taking it every morning and I no longer suffer with acid reflux without changing what I eat or do. So in my case YES it does help with weight loss.

Nope.

You've cut calories. That's why you've lost weight.
  • CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If anyone's interested, here's the link to the actual study:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19661687

And here's a link to a pretty good response to that study (and the woo that proliferated around it):
    http://www.overcomeobesity.org/supplements/apple-cider-vinegar-is-not-likely-to-increase-your-metabolic-rate/
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    There's nothing magical about ACV and it does NOT help with weightloss. Period!

• postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Years ago, when I was a teen looking for a quick fix, I tried taking ACV to "boost my metabolism." I didn't lose a pound, primarily because I didn't change my eating habits or increase my activity, but I will say this: it helped my chronic stomach pain a lot and worked better than pain killers when it came to getting rid of menstrual cramps.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Really, again? Happy January - the month of I want to lose all the weight without doing any work - just give me a magic potion...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    @cerise_noir

I REALLY needed that popcorn! :D
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you see any product using the term "fat loss" or "body fat" you can usually stop reading right there.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I want to know who is doing the fat loss marketing for ACV. Whoever it is, they're doing an unbelievable job.
  • BruinsGal_91
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    I want to know who is doing the fat loss marketing for ACV. Whoever it is, they're doing an unbelievable job.

Yep, the ACV threads are out-stripping all the other woo by a country mile. Have raspberry ketones fallen out of favour? Haven't seen anyone asking about those for a while now.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Just looking at that ad puts me in mind of the old 1920's "roll up, roll up, for Uncle John's miracle health tonic" sellers.

It's a total crock.

ACV is this years raspberry ketones, green tea extract, garcinia cambogia etc etc.

It just irks me that all this woo might make my salad dressing more expensive.
  • BruinsGal_91
    Options
    Just looking at that ad puts me in mind of the old 1920's "roll up, roll up, for Uncle John's miracle health tonic" sellers.

It's a total crock.

ACV is this years raspberry ketones, green tea extract, garcinia cambogia etc etc.

It just irks me that all this woo might make my salad dressing more expensive.

IKR? And I always feel like I ought to explain myself at the supermarket checkout. "Look, I haven't fallen for the woo. It's for pulled pork, OK?"
  • listentobeverly
    listentobeverly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    am i the only one who didnt get the "acv doesn't really work" memo? perhaps it doesn't help "burn fat" but i thought it helps with some health issues? someone throw some facts at me! :|
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    How many more ACV threads are we going to see this week?

IT DOESN'T WORK FOR WEIGHT LOSS.

It makes great salad dress though.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I guess I should read ALL the threads before posting something huh? My apologies if I increased your heart rate and got you closer to a heart attack with this post. I will have to agree about the terrible smell.

LOL, not even close, no apology needed. Hang around, you will see it all here and you will learn to separate the woo from the science. We will make you!
  • noemorales1022
    noemorales1022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Oh wow, I guess I should read ALL the threads before posting something huh? My apologies if I increased your heart rate and got you closer to a heart attack with this post. I will have to agree about the terrible smell.

LOL, not even close, no apology needed. Hang around, you will see it all here and you will learn to separate the woo from the science. We will make you!

Haha, thanks, i guess. It may not help you lose weight, but it's just one of those things that it doesn't hurt to take but it's also not a magic solution or a replacement for hard work in the gym and discipline in your diet. To which I am fully aware and am not a believer of "shortcuts" or magic pills or wraps, but I also respect science and if you can show me that you have credibility, I'll take a look at it. So if you don't have a degree or show me links to studies, I don't believe anything people say here.
  • noemorales1022
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Also, it appears everyone here is an expert and has doctor's degree in nutrition, exercise physiology and chemistry. Who would've thought. Still, I appreciate all the zeal from this group.
  • brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It does work (over extended period of time) to reduce and or eliminate toe nail fungus.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Also, it appears everyone here is an expert and has doctor's degree in nutrition, exercise physiology and chemistry. Who would've thought. Still, I appreciate all the zeal from this group.

Not everyone, but many do and they are very helpful. Most are happy to share links to research and you will quickly learn who those people are. I just lurk and learn because my area of expertise is geology and has no relevance, even if we're talking rock hard abs.
  • noemorales1022
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

Not everyone, but many do and they are very helpful. Most are happy to share links to research and you will quickly learn who those people are. I just lurk and learn because my area of expertise is geology and has no relevance, even if we're talking rock hard abs.

My wife has a PHD in Exercise Physiology and a BS in Biochemistry, while I have a Masters in Civil Engineering. So we believe in science and getting the right information and doing our own research. It's not hard to see here those that don't value science based information. Thanks for the heads up.