Looking for support from other nerds/geeks out there

I'm really trying to succeed this time, so I'd need every bit of support and motivation from you guys - preferably from other nerds and geeks.

I'm 32 and I live in Finland. Love comics (western & manga), games (PC, console, board games), books, movies and generally just being a fangirl for several things (Sherlock, The Big Bang Theory, Friends, HIMYM, Star Trek, Supernatural, Labyrinth, Harry Potter, Outlander, Drizzt Do'Urden, Walking Dead, Rick & Morty, Family Guy, Goonies, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters...).

I am trying to be active, log in as often as I can and also write a blog here. I'm aiming to lose 86lb in total, so there's a long way to go - and I could really use the help.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Have you tried nerdfitness.com? It's right up your alley!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    FallGirl84 wrote: »
    I'm really trying to succeed this time, so I'd need every bit of support and motivation from you guys - preferably from other nerds and geeks.

I'm 32 and I live in Finland. Love comics (western & manga), games (PC, console, board games), books, movies and generally just being a fangirl for several things (Sherlock, The Big Bang Theory, Friends, HIMYM, Star Trek, Supernatural, Labyrinth, Harry Potter, Outlander, Drizzt Do'Urden, Walking Dead, Rick & Morty, Family Guy, Goonies, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters...).

I am trying to be active, log in as often as I can and also write a blog here. I'm aiming to lose 86lb in total, so there's a long way to go - and I could really use the help.

Hey feel free to add me, join my weekly weigh in group, I am also a self-confessed geek, more movies and tv than games though.
  • FallGirl84
    FallGirl84 Posts: 33 Member
    Have you tried nerdfitness.com? It's right up your alley!

I have not, but I'll look into it. I'm currently not getting in any fitness programs since my main goal for now is to lose weight - I know, I know, workout is important and it would help tone my body, but I've never been an active person because I'm one of the people who don't get any endorphins rushing in my brain after working out. However, I will try to include some kind of activity when I'm feeling up to it, but not right now.
  • mcglothinm
    mcglothinm Posts: 20 Member
    Please feel free to add me! I have about 80lbs to lose as well.
  • brookeellesse
    brookeellesse Posts: 2 Member
    Hey I'd love to be friends, my favorite pass time is playing board games and defeating monsters.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    You had me at Supernatural! Please feel free to add me!! There's a picture of me with J2 on my profile so feel free to check that out if you want too!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    I'm a geek (see profile pic!) Also going to Finland for holiday this year, want to see the Moomins! Lol
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    I came in here for the nerdiness... but now there are Moomins in this thread!!

My people. ❤️
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    I'm a total geek! I love world of warcraft, mystery science theater 3000, and many other nerdy things! Need to lose 40 pounds. Feel free to add me!!
  • jowita79
    jowita79 Posts: 1 Member
    Huge Sci Fi fan. Love Supernatural, Grimm, Xfiles and also huge Nintendo fan and collector. I need to lose about 40 pounds. Feel free to add me! Good luck!
  • kayleightjoneshi
    kayleightjoneshi Posts: 6 Member
    I love games and comics! I play on the pc and xbox one s.

Love my anime too.

Love sherlock, the walking dead,.West world,.lucifer etc etc. Feel free to add me :)
  • 1RogueRunner1
    1RogueRunner1 Posts: 21 Member
    Request sent (: Anyone who is looking for friends/motivators, feel free to add me
  • kayleightjoneshi
    kayleightjoneshi Posts: 6 Member
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    I'm a total geek! I love world of warcraft, mystery science theater 3000, and many other nerdy things! Need to lose 40 pounds. Feel free to add me!!

Love mystery science theater 3000 cracks me up so much.

• FallGirl84
    I'm a geek (see profile pic!) Also going to Finland for holiday this year, want to see the Moomins! Lol

Haa, welcome! So if you're going to visit Moomins, you're also visiting Naantali? I've been there once few years ago, it was really pretty during the summer :) It's really easy to get to places in here due the good bus service - even trains might be better on schedule then (lol).
  • FallGirl84
    Hey wow - awesome! I had so many friend requests waiting for me! I'm overwhelmed and really happy to find other geeks to keep an eye on me :D I'll make sure I will cheer you guys on, too!
  • FallGirl84
    GothyFaery wrote: »
    You had me at Supernatural! Please feel free to add me!! There's a picture of me with J2 on my profile so feel free to check that out if you want too!

*died* SQUEEE!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Hi welcome! Incase you haven't discovered MFP groups yet, here's a couple that may interest you.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/19-mfp-gamers
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3566-the-geek-squid
  • rnedwbt
    rnedwbt Posts: 57 Member
    I sent you a request! I love gaming.. these days I have two very young children so it's tough to find the time, but I played WoW for years and love FPS and adventure video games (PC and Xbox One). I ❤ GoT, Walking Dead, Rick and Morty, Marvel, Star Wars, and in general being a nerd with my husband. And turning our kids into nerds is a hobby in itself.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Sent you a request. :)

I'm super into video games (mainly rpgs), love playing board games when my friends and I get together, Star Trek, Harry Potter (you never would have guessed from my picture, clearly), and am generally open to exploring more sci-fi/fantasy books, shows, movies, etc.
  • FallGirl84
    lacroyx wrote: »
    Hi welcome! Incase you haven't discovered MFP groups yet, here's a couple that may interest you.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/19-mfp-gamers
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3566-the-geek-squid

Thanks lacroyx, MFP Gamers was new to me - The Geek Squid I already found earlier :)