Not lost any weight.

Options
Hi There,

I have stayed within the recommended calories. I have been doing this a week and nothing has shifted. I have been the same weight for about year and a half and my weight does not shift. Its really frustrating.

What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi!

It also took me some time until I first lost some weight! Don't give up!

Good luck!
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is private. Are you eating well? Exercising?

You have to be patient. Just keep working at it. Not everyone gets results in the first week.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    This is not going to be instant. You have to take your time.
  • Christinemary6
    Christinemary6 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. But it happens to me too. I try and try and either I remain exactly the same...or I gain!!! Where is the logic? No idea. All I can add, for what it is worth, is keep going. The consequences of not doing will show soon enough.

Weight is an odd comodity. It seems to me that what I ate two or three days previously shows up on the scales. So, if I have eaten too much or whatever on Saturday, then eat really well on Sunday and Monday, the over-eating from Saturday shows up on Tuesday's weigh-in. Then, by Friday, I'm back to last Saturday morning's weight. And on Saturday morning, I'm maybe 0.5lb lighter. But hen I overeat on Saturday again....

Does that ramble make any sense?

So, you are not alone!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    - Are you logging your food and exercise accurately?
    - Are you eating enough? It looks like you only have about 10 pounds to lose, so your body may not react well to a big calorie deficit.
    - Are you eating lots of stuff that is high in sodium? This can make you retain water.
    - Depending on your monthly cycle, your body might take a week or two to lose weight.

If you think you're doing everything right, then keep doing it, and you will see results. If there is nothing in a few weeks, you might want to start tweaking calories (up or down), more or less exercise, that kind of stuff.
  • LisaRussell27
    Options
    I think when you've got a lot to lose it takes the body a while to let go of the weight. Also if you have suddenly cut down on your calorie intake your body may have gone into starvation mode and you wont be able to lose. Try raising your calorie intake a bit and see if that helps, it did for me. Stick with it and when you do start to lose you feel fantastic.
  • plv2010
    plv2010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation as you. I've recently started going to Zumba class with my relatives, and after a week everyone lost weight except for me. It's very frustrating, but I'm just going to stick with it. Hopefully with time, the weight will soon fall off. Good luck!
  • charmednz
    charmednz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What about your portion sizes? MAybe you are eating more than you realise?
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site but over the last couple of yrs have lost about five stone. I used to belong to WLR which works on similar principles to this site but costs a tenner a month and this site free and you get a great app for your phone. The bar code scanner is brilliant as well. My weight stays the same for for a couple weeks and then overnight drops about five pounds then it will stay the same for another couple of weeks then drops another few pounds overnight. You may be the same as me. You just have to keep going. Filling in your food and exercise diaries is important. Also weighing your food as well because if you are guesstimating this can sometimes be wildly wrong. You just have to be patient and if you are doing everything right the weight will come off. Under eating is as bad as over eating as well for weightloss. I have always eaten my exercise calories as well. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
    Margarete :drinker:
  • JosephineClare
    Options
    It may be that your body is turing the fat into muscle. I found at first I didn't lose any weight but I did tone up. It took a while before i noticed any weight coming off.

muscle is heavir than fat so you may find you're feeling better and toning up first. Don't pressure yourself too mcuh, just keep doing what you're doing.