45. Making a life change

Options
Hello, I am 45 years old, I decided on November 30, 2016 that I was not going to just go on another diet, I want to make a life change. I have went up and down in my weight for years now, mostly staying at a obese weight. I started out at 297 lb. and I am now 271. At first I was dropping pounds like crazy, now I'm averaging 1-2 lb. a week. My goal is to reach 200 lb. by Jan.1 2018. I joined the gym and I have found that I'm not a twenty year old anymore, I'm finding there are some obstacles to overcome and this journey is not going to be easy. If there are any 40s people out there, I could use your support and I would like to be here for your support as well.

Replies

• leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm not in my 40's but I wanted to say "good for you".....keep up the good work!!
  • MissyINGa
    MissyINGa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling about going over that hill. I'm almost 45 and it's not easy as it once was to stay in shape. Please feel free to add me and hopefully we can offer some motivation to each other.
  • larry9171
    larry9171 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have been going to the gym since the first of December and was making great progress, but a few days ago I had a minor setback with an injury, but the good news is the Doctor released me to go back yesterday.