Shakes and smoothie recipes?

Options
I finally got a blender and I'm looking for good (and healthy) smoothie recipes. I'm open to just about anything if it tastes good, hopefully healthy and I'm getting my nutrients.

Please share your favorites! Thanks!

Replies

• mdleastbeast
    mdleastbeast Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had such a interesting experience with my blender lol. I did find it more useful for making protein shakes with a spoon of peanut butter (yum) but it's also good to invest in a juicer!

I found some recipes on Pinterest if your looking for blending recipes. I've tried kale, spinach, pineapple, and a pinch of garlic and that was pretty good :)
  • jayjsee
    jayjsee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had such a interesting experience with my blender lol. I did find it more useful for making protein shakes with a spoon of peanut butter (yum) but it's also good to invest in a juicer!

I found some recipes on Pinterest if your looking for blending recipes. I've tried kale, spinach, pineapple, and a pinch of garlic and that was pretty good :)

What's the difference between a blender and a juicer? Can you tell how much of a noob I am with this? Lol.
  • finzup
    finzup Posts: 78 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    i use 1 scoop garden of life raw meal (cocoa flavor)
    2 heaping TSP of PB fit
    1 cup of unsweetened almond or almond/coconut milk (or vanilla as long as unsweetened)
    1/4 to 1/2 of a medium banana
    1 cup ice
    Blend until smooth. I use a vitamix and let it run maybe 30-60 seconds on high.
    Tastes really good and that bit of banana makes it really smooth and tasty!
  • jayjsee
    Options
    finzup wrote: »
    i use 1 scoop garden of life raw meal (cocoa flavor)
    2 heaping TSP of PB fit
    1 cup of unsweetened almond or almond/coconut milk (or vanilla as long as unsweetened)
    1/4 to 1/2 of a medium banana
    1 cup ice
    Blend until smooth. I use a vitamix and let it run maybe 30-60 seconds on high.
    Tastes really good and that bit of banana makes it really smooth and tasty!

Awesome! I'll have to try that out! Thanks!
  • sunnysunny88
    sunnysunny88 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of cottage cheese
    1/4 water
    5-6 strawberries
    Some ice
    A tablespoon of honey or any sweetener you like

= cheesecake in a glass, yum!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jayjsee wrote: »

What's the difference between a blender and a juicer? Can you tell how much of a noob I am with this? Lol.

Juicer removes the juice from fruits and veg. Blender just cuts it all up into teeny tiny pieces and mixes it around, but leaves it all there.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My current favorite smoothie:

Some kind of milk/nutmilk/yogurt (abt a cup)
    Baked and cooked winter squash (abt 150 g)
    Fennel (abt 150 g, sometimes more)
    spinach or kale (abt 50 g)
    protein powder
    frozen strawberries (about .75 cup)

This morning I did not have the winter squash, so had it with half an avocado and a small summer squash instead. Also good -- both the avocado and winter squash make it creamy. More calories with the avocado, of course.
  • jayjsee
    Options
    1/2 cup of cottage cheese
    1/4 water
    5-6 strawberries
    Some ice
    A tablespoon of honey or any sweetener you like

= cheesecake in a glass, yum!

OMG! That sounds amazing! Thanks!
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    jayjsee wrote: »

Juicer removes the juice from fruits and veg. Blender just cuts it all up into teeny tiny pieces and mixes it around, but leaves it all there.

Thanks! Obviously I'm a noob here!