New here-looking for accoutability buddies!

Options
Hey guys!
I'm new to using this app actively (didn't really like WW that much), and I would like some accountability buddies.
I talk myself out of going to the gym very easily because I'm a pretty anxious person, but my home is not big enough to work out in.
I also do a lot of driving during the day, and don't get a lot of sleep-so trying to allocate time for the gym and eating healthy is pretty hard for me. I know it's a mind game, but I'm losing right now.
I am already working on the eating healthy and drinking TONS of water aspect, but I have not been getting moving whatsoever. Anyone else wanna take this journey with me? I'd love to have company!
Thank you :)

Replies

• 3blues1978
    3blues1978 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm always looking for buddies to help me along this journey!
  • annxp93
    annxp93 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've added you!
  • l_lake
    l_lake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request! I'm also looking for more accountability buddies!
  • annxp93
    Options
    Yay thank you!
  • JaiRocket
    JaiRocket Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I recently fell of the wagon and could use some help being accountable to get back on track.
  • annxp93
    Options
    Sweet! I will add you.
  • bkleitz23
    bkleitz23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a mind thing. Stay positive !!! I just started back as well. Had a lapse
  • annxp93
    Options
    I had a lapse as well-I was working with weight watchers, and it's just no fun!
    I'm determined to be more successful here.
  • yogagirlT
    yogagirlT Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I have been using MFP for over a year but trying to connect with other members. Keep up the good work!
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi - feel free to add me too! I'm curious if you're home really isn't big enough, or if you just maybe think you need lots of space. I workout in my bedroom every single day... in a 6'x6' space at the end of my bed. I lift and follow DVD programs and have been doing it there for 4 years. Granted, if you don't like your bedroom smelling like a locker room sometimes, then this might not work for you. :-) But, really, if it's a big enough space for you to lay prone to plank or do pushups then its big enough to do most anything else, right?
  • AngelaHackwell
    AngelaHackwell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pick me. Pick me.
    :)
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'll just add that I don't like the gym and much prefer the privacy of my own space! If you're looking for suggestions on in-home workout programs I'd be happy to suggest some. There are lots of great free ones on YouTube, and I own 6-7 programs that I've purchased.
  • ericdykstra95
    ericdykstra95 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Looking for the same thing. Anyone is free to add me!
  • jeanschnell
    jeanschnell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am right here with you!!! Same issues, doing well with the food part, not the activity part as I sit at a desk all day playing with numbers. Please add me to your friends.
  • ameliabee6
    ameliabee6 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm starting over once again and am happy to trade encouragement, advice etc. Good luck! One step at a time!
  • mrfyolife
    mrfyolife Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Stay motivated...think positive and like Nike "Just Do It"
  • yevetg1
    yevetg1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too! I totally need positive accountabilibuddies! The people around me don't understand how serious I am about getting healthy! Add me!
  • RickG53
    RickG53 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can always come up with an excuse to not go to the gum. Accountability would help with that.
    I'd appreciate if you included me. Supposed to begin 24 day fitness challenge next week.
  • annxp93
    Options
    Thank you all for your awesome support! I've added all of you. @KimJohnsonsmile it's very possible i just believe it's not big enough. We just moved in and there is a lot of clutter currently, so I'm not able to move around a lot.
    I also have a very VERY large dog that likes to be underfoot constantly because he's old and has no idea he's almost 100lbs of dead weight in the way.
  • annxp93
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Just so you all know, to inspire and help everyone, I'm going to try and send out little blurbs three or four times a week telling you what I've been doing and sharing how my journey is going. Also, I'll ask about yours and share some weaknesses and struggles I've been having. I'm excited to already have so much great support!
    If you guys want to do the same, please include me! I would love it.