Best exercise to get a better butt

Any tips on toning up since losing weight I have lost my bum any tips on some good exercises will be appreciated

Replies

• folgers86
    folgers86 Posts: 84 Member
    Squats, squat jumps, lunges, lunge switches, wall-sits. You can't isolate one muscle group completely unfortunately....
  • beth_b_1983
    beth_b_1983 Posts: 26 Member
    Squats :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Definitely look into Strong Curves as mentioned (you can buy the book which I recommend but you can also find the templates online to see what it's all about). It is a strength training program based on booty development. Really amazing.

Second, unfortunately depending on the state of your booty and how flat it is, it will be really difficult to grow it while continuing to lose at this point (not impossible but definitely difficult). Running Strong Curves while eating at maintenance (or surplus) will be ideal to help build and shape the muscles.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    squats, lunges, hip raises, Bulgarian split squats, great for legs and the *kitten*
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    +1 for strongcurves. I'm doing it right now and I notice a little difference in my booty. But I've been doing it with a slight surplus. I just switched back to a deficit so well see what happens to my booty.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    My copy of 'Strong Curves' is arriving tomorrow!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    My copy of 'Strong Curves' is arriving tomorrow!

Best book ever! I am so excited for you :)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Doing heavy deadlifts and squats for a min of 24-30 reps (3x10, 10x3 or 4x6) 3x's a week is doing wonders for my butt, hips, back, core and thighs. ;)
  • Anonymous_fiend
    Anonymous_fiend Posts: 196 Member
    I'm currently doing strong curves on and have noticed some increase albeit minor. But its all up to genetics how fast you'll grow. But you won't regret following the programs in it :)
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    I'm (re?) starting SC on Monday 1/16 - I have a MFP Group for ladies doing SC. Anyone want to join me? Here's the link! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113531-strong-curves-by-bret-contreras-and-kellie-davis-ladies-only
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Adding my voice to those recommending Strong Curves. All I'm trying to do is lift mine up and make it stronger to help with running, and it's amazing how I can feel my glutes kicking in when I'm running to help along.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited January 2017
    Google Brent Contreras...Strong Curves is a good program for what you're looking for.
  • DonkeyHueco
    DonkeyHueco Posts: 9 Member
    Bam bams are good as well. They work your glutes, but also help tighten your lower back and lift whatever booty you have.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    deadlifts and weighted hip thrusts :)
  • coleg04
    coleg04 Posts: 126 Member
    Squats. End of discussion :)
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Strong Curves! The author is obsessed with butts! He's the ultimate *kitten* man!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm so hoping it's squats and glute bridges, oh and so is my husband:)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm so hoping it's squats and glute bridges, oh and so is my husband:)

Glute bridges are great. I do them weighted with a resistance band just above my knees. I prefer them to hip thrusts since bridges work just the glutes more than bridges do (bridges work the quads a lot too, and my quads are already pretty big and strong).