Bad tasting, healthy food.

Options
So today as I was eating a tuna salad I made I started thinking how much I miss the taste of bad food. I though "why does healthy food taste not so good?" I miss the the taste of fried chicken, french fries, burgers, shakes and all pastries. Then it hit me. All the bad stuff taste so good and is so cheap. I mean you can buy two whoppers two fries and two sodas for 10 bucks. You can buy a heap of junk from the dollar menu. Which makes me think that good food doesn't taste bad, however bad food is made to taste good and get you addicted.
Makes me think how crazy it is that poor people are fat now a days. Maybe because how cheap bad food is. I, by no means, am rich. I'm middle class and yes, I'm fat. But a couple of months ago I decided to make a change and slowly but surely I've been seeing progress. I have started eating healthy and working out. I feel a little better about my self and it seems easy to stay on track now. I wish I would have started sooner.
Anyway thanks for reading what was on my mind at this moment. And if you are struggling with your weight, best of luck to you. I hope you find an inspiration that will motivate you to change your life. If you are not struggling with your weight then I hope you help others who are.

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm a fussy eater (just ask my wife). If I don't enjoy it, no way am I going to eat it. I can't even find a protein bar that's palatable. But I like tuna (had sashimi for lunch) :) I'm eating "better" and less calories, but still make sure I have room for chips and french fries and burgers every so often
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I eat the same food as I always did just more appropriate portion sizes and more vegetables. I don't eat food that tastes bad to me.
    Fast food has nutrients too. It can be part of a healthy diet.
    Lots of restaurant food tastes good IMO because it has lots of salt, fat, sugar and someone else cooked it.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I much prefer my healthier homemade food to fast food nowadays, actually.

But you'll never stick to it if you only eat foods you don't like. Yeah, I have to force myself to eat veggies sometimes, but other than that, I try to only make meals that I actually like... otherwise I would have given up years ago!

same my own healthy food tastes much better
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Last night was burger night. Tonight wevhad pizza. Both fit into my calorie and macro targets for the day. Lost 100 pounds by paying attention to serving sizes and tracking what I eat. It will be a cold day in hell before I eat tuna salad.

And this is why people should eat what they like and not what is considered healthy. I love tuna and wouldn't give it up but I also love burgers, fries, and chocolate. You hit the nail on the head it's about portion size and tracking. Great job on losing 100lbs!
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    turtledan wrote: »
    So today as I was eating a tuna salad I made I started thinking how much I miss the taste of bad food. I though "why does healthy food taste not so good?" I miss the the taste of fried chicken, french fries, burgers, shakes and all pastries. Then it hit me. All the bad stuff taste so good and is so cheap. I mean you can buy two whoppers two fries and two sodas for 10 bucks. You can buy a heap of junk from the dollar menu. Which makes me think that good food doesn't taste bad, however bad food is made to taste good and get you addicted.
    Makes me think how crazy it is that poor people are fat now a days. Maybe because how cheap bad food is. I, by no means, am rich. I'm middle class and yes, I'm fat. But a couple of months ago I decided to make a change and slowly but surely I've been seeing progress. I have started eating healthy and working out. I feel a little better about my self and it seems easy to stay on track now. I wish I would have started sooner.
    Anyway thanks for reading what was on my mind at this moment. And if you are struggling with your weight, best of luck to you. I hope you find an inspiration that will motivate you to change your life. If you are not struggling with your weight then I hope you help others who are.

Also healthy food can be delicious, if you can cook.