MyFitnessPal Newbie!!

Options
Hello Everyone!!

I'm new to MyFitnessPal and curious about how it all works! I'm a weight watchers member but I'm not sure I can afford the $50 a month to attend meetings and use their tools any longer. So I'd like to try MyFitnessPal and see if I can succeed here, for free! :) So I signed up this morning!

I'm getting married in the fall and my first wedding dress fitting is in July. I'd like to lose 25-35 pounds by then.

What is the most important thing to use here on MyFitnessPal? Should I just look at calories or all the other stuff too? Can I eat back calories if I exercise? How does all of that work? Right now I've taken about 600 steps and it says I ate calories and some are subtracted...I don't know!! :|

Can anyone lend me some helpful advice or point me in the direction of some? I would greatly appreciate it! I'd love to make some new "friends" on MyFitnessPal as well!! Thank you in advance!

Replies

• igotmywish1508
    igotmywish1508 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy, your calorie allowance and work out
  • UK92
    UK92 Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Focus on calories for weight loss. If you've gone through with the guided setup, MFP will give you an estimate of the daily calories you need to eat in order to lose at the rate you've chosen. You can eat back the calories from exercising if you wish to (apparently MFP overestimates calories burned during exercise, but I personally don't log exercise so I'm not entirely sure about this one).

My tip would be don't be too hard on yourself if you have a bad day. Bad days are likely to happen, log them and move forward, don't give up! :)
  • Yess009
    Yess009 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello