New to MFP, but I've lost a thousand pounds!

Options
That was over my lifetime, of course...and I gained all of them back! This time I am halfway to my goal and proud of myself at 76, but it is great to get feedback on all the little questions that come up about dieting and exercise from all the MFP family. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Replies

• gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hello and nice to meet you!
  • cmgeo90
    cmgeo90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please share with us your jurney and how you stayed motivated... I think all of us that begin now need to hear success stories as an example...
  • sksaustin
    sksaustin Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks to both of you, and good luck with your own efforts. Part of staying motivated for me is setting realistic goals...at my age, the weight I've carried for a lifetime is not going to come off fast, and that's good. I decided just to maintain from Thanksgiving through New Year's, and did, then started losing at my 1 to 2 pound a week rate again. My greatest struggle has been about nighttime mindless eating; saving my biggest meal for the evening (against all good advice, I know) has solved that problem! Facing the fact that most of my eating was emotion-based, and finding outlets for that in exercise and creative projects, has also helped a lot. As of today, I am thirty-five pounds to my goal, just over halfway. Please stay in touch and let me know how both of you are doing.