healthy breakfast ideas

Options
i need help finding other healthy breakfast ideas other than whole wheat toast with all natural peanut butter and 2 eggs

Replies

• dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and toast, cooked millet or cornmeal or gritz, eggs onion tomato (cooked together) and toast, protein shake w yogurt, etc
    OK, it's too early and I need to go get my own breakfast before I can continue)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I make an egg/spinach/feta bake on the weekends and then divide it up into servings for the week
  • mlhjjm
    mlhjjm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Quick oats topped with apple, cinnamon, and 2 slices bacon.
    Green smoothie- milk, Greek yogurt, frozen banana, pb, spinach
  • dianalthomas750
    dianalthomas750 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, fruit, mini quiches - scramble eggs in a bowl add the vegetables you like, bake in lightly greased muffin tins at 300. They freeze decently and keep for about 2 days in the fridge if you want to make extra.
  • ProMama5
    ProMama5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal banana blueberry muffins, protein smoothie, freezer breakfast sandwiches.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What's healthy?
    Since all foods are allowed, have as much as you need of what you like.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with either fruit or vegetables.

Greek yogurt with fruit and oats.

Leftovers from the night before.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Whats a good protein thing to have with oatmeal?

What do you like? I add protein powder to my oatmeal, but you could also do Greek yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage links (look into turkey or chicken sausage if you prefer), cottage cheese. And remember that breakfast doesn't have to be just breakfast foods. Sliced deli meat, steak, chicken breast, seitan, tofu, turkey, etc are other options.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i like to make bowls. my favorite is
    eggs
    potatos with onion and pepper
    black beans
    avocado
    and pico
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Eggs, rice, bacon and avocado. BOOM.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Search baked oatmeal. Put an egg in it and some fruit and other stuff and bake it up in a casserole dish, yummy.
  • ishmallow
    ishmallow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, protein shake, toast, bagel, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, bananas, apples, oranges, etc etc
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Whats a good protein thing to have with oatmeal?

Oatmeal has some protein in it, but if you want to add more, you can add some nuts or nut butter, some protein powder, or as someone suggested above, bake it with an egg.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and hemp seeds- I use coffee Greek yogurt to replace my morning latte with something with more nutrition in it. Also a big fan of Daves killer bread with hummus and tomatoes and avocados sliced on top!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    Greek yogurt and hemp seeds- I use coffee Greek yogurt to replace my morning latte with something with more nutrition in it. Also a big fan of Daves killer bread with hummus and tomatoes and avocados sliced on top!

Oh, man, if Dave's wasn't $6 a loaf, I'd eat it every day.
  • alg42
    alg42 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Make a big Spanish tortilla on the weekend and portion out - mushrooms, ham, onions and peppers.

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Butterbeans and tinned tomatoes on whole meal toast.

Some great ideas here though that I'll be trying so thanks everyone :-)