Fitness trackers

Options
I currently use a polar ft4 to track my workouts, but I'd like to get an idea of how many calories I burn just been me as well as my workouts.
I use my watch for my home dvds and treadmills and the odd out doors activities (buy hoping to change my treadmill jogs for out door when warmer.

Any watches you can advise on what to use.

Replies

• BailTuck
    BailTuck Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like my iPhone watch. It can track my workout plus it will tell me how many calories i burn all day. How many times I've stood during the day. I can answer it like a phone and text. Bunches of things.
  • LittleMaid17
    LittleMaid17 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    BailTuck wrote: »
    I like my iPhone watch. It can track my workout plus it will tell me how many calories i burn all day. How many times I've stood during the day. I can answer it like a phone and text. Bunches of things.

Oh don't have iphone ive s7 x
  • BailTuck
    BailTuck Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they all make their own watches to pair with the phones now. I like them so much better than the old FitBit.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm real happy with the Garmin Vivoactive as it can track a bunch of different activities and seems pretty accurate on the calories burned. Has both HR and GPS so is good for indoor (treadmill) or outdoor.
  • andy_ems
    andy_ems Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've recently got a Garmin Vivosmart HR+, was deciding between that and Fitbit Charge 2. I went for the Vivosmart HR+ in the end as it has GPS, is waterproof, and you can sync your data to basically all the fitness apps out there which Fitbit doesn't allow. Fitbit's app and social side is better but I decided to prioritise tracker features over the overall ecosystem. I carry my phone with me most places anyway so can still participate in Fitbit step challenges with friends but I'm enjoying having the Garmin to motivate me to get serious about being active.

I ruled out bigger watches such as the Garmin vivoactive HR and Fitbit blaze as they tend to be pretty huge on ladies and I wanted something to wear 24/7 without it being overbearing.
  • mrramsey1969
    mrramsey1969 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use a garmin Forerunner 230 and a chest strap HRM (more accurate). The 235 is the same but has a built in HRM. It has 24hour activity tracking as well and is super light weight. I have been wearing mine 24/7 for the past couple weeks. I use gps when out doors. Connects with my android phone with no problems for notifications.