Should you weigh yourself everyday?

Options
2»

Replies

• kevyraf
    kevyraf Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, first thing in the morning when I wake. There will be variations in results sometimes where your body fat % could slightly raise (don't worry about this too much if you have been sticking to the same stuff) but ooooo it looks great when I'm seeing that nice decreasing line in my Withing's app since I use the Withing's Smart scales. If you are going to weigh yourself everyday, keep it to the same time. Don't be at this business of weighing yourself at different and numerous times everyday. Once a day - same time!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I too, use happy scale and weigh daily. As a woman, it's good for you to be able to recognize the ups and downs associated with your menstrual cycle as this can be as much as 5 pounds, and for some people more. It's a trending weight, so as long as you're trending down on a consistent basis you're doing things right. That being said, just do what works for you and what you are comfortable with.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Lot's of phone apps available. Libra user here with 3 years of daily data :)
  • lorax429
    lorax429 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Philtex wrote: »
    lorax429 wrote: »
    I like to use trendweight.com

Trendweight says to use a WiFi Scale, which I don't have. Does it allow manual entries? If not, what other sites do people use? I use Calorie Count but it is just a simple line graph.

Yes but it is a little clunky. Create a Fitbit account and link it to trendweight. Then manually enter your weight into fitbit and it will show up on trendweight.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Philtex wrote: »
    I like to use trendweight.com

Trendweight says to use a WiFi Scale, which I don't have. Does it allow manual entries? If not, what other sites do people use? I use Calorie Count but it is just a simple line graph.

Yes but it is a little clunky. Create a Fitbit account and link it to trendweight. Then manually enter your weight into fitbit and it will show up on trendweight.

Or use HappyScale (IOS) or Libra (Android). Had another one web based that I tried, but I forget what it was now and deleted the bookmark.