What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• eday79
    eday79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    eday79 wrote: »
    katiefbe wrote: »
    I've been getting a bit down recently because the scale really doesn't seem to want to shift so I decided to dig out the tape measure. Despite only having lost 3 lb in 5 weeks I've lost 5cm off my hips and 3 cm off my waist. Have to remind myself that this will take time!

Great job!

It does take time, use a few means to track your progress such as,
    * Body weight scale ( ones that measure body fat & more are great to invest in)
    * Progress pictures ( front, side & back profiles)
    * Body measurements ( waist, bust, chest, hips, midway, thighs, upper arm)
    * Try on different clothes and see how they fit differently

Remember that if you are exercising, you will be adding muscle tone to your body and muscle weighs more than fat. So if you have a scale that doesn't measure body fat or muscle mass, you may think that nothing is changing.

Also hydrate! hydrate! hydrate!
    Drinking the correct amount of water has a direct correlation with the fat your body will hold on to.
    A well hydrated & nourished body can function how it is supposed to & remove unhealthy fats, excess water and toxins.

Good luck as you continue on, feel free to add me, I welcome everyone:)

Have you ever been fat?

Yeah many times lol I have 5 children, single pregnancies and have gained 42lbs in each pregnancy. After my last child I was left with 34lbs which I have now lost and my goals now are to actually add weight in terms of muscle mass but remain petite & have curves in the right places .

Thanks for question & friend request :smile:

• SunnyDayzMomma
    SunnyDayzMomma Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    cjdsign wrote: »
    Hahaha Hubby says, "tell them about your great news!" I forgot. Heart test in Dec shows no sign of my 3 heart attacks, no heart scaring visible, no prinz metals angina, No enlargement of the heart!! I still have a spasmatic angina, but it is easily treated!! So there is my NSV for the whole year!! YAY! CJ

LOVE THIS!!!
  • eday79
    eday79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    not fitness related, but I marked 1 year since my brain tumor surgery! My latest blood tests don't show any indications of new tumor growth, and I haven't had a seizure since before the surgery!

2h506r3o782b.jpg

(and yes- my hair has grown back since)

I'm happy for your good news!
    You must have such strength within & that will carry you far.
    Best wishes

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Increased my weights at the gym this morning :)

Actually, just getting to the gym is an NSV in itself as it was very cold, very windy and snow/ice everywhere this morning at 5am . . . it was not encouraging weather to go into.

can so understand this. i started a new contract last week and same kind of weather/road conditions. i did the first day by transit, but after that i started doing what i've always done, ie bike commuting.

i'm aiming to be in place by 8 am just so i can be free by 4, but going out into sub-freezing air for a 30 min ride with ice still on the ground is not easy at all. the cold's been around long enough to be almost 'normal' but it's sure not making me want to lift much. the muscles take a noticeably longer time to get warm and loosen up, so congrats about getting it done.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!