Hubby is making me feel bad for posing for pics *sorry so lo

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    How about he mind his own business, it's not a pic of him. And quite frankly...you have every right to brag.

I disagree. It is his business if his wife is posting pictures of herself on the internet. In this case I think it's a bit extreme...but if its how he (or she) feels...and it's their relationship...who are we to judge?

Relationships...SOLID relationships...have been destroyed by as little as that more than once. The internet can be an evil, evil thing.

Again, in this case it's a little much in my opinion...and the way he went about it seems somewhat rude...but I believe it's certainly within requesting rights of a husband or wife.

*shrug*
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Girl... get yo brag on!!!! Perhaps he's a bit insecure about how fine his wifey looks?!? But I kwym about finally feeling better and wanting pictures of youself... heck look at my profile for proof of that! Eating right and working out is hard work. I personally am proud of my accomplismemts... YOU SHOULD BE TOO!
  • fchris31
    fchris31 Posts: 1
    Options
    Post your pictures!!!! You should be proud of what you have done so far. Losing 80lbs is absolutely wonderful and if he doesn't like it, oh well he will get over it. Do what makes you proud. Keep it up!!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    That's one of the craziest things I've ever heard. I have friends that change their picture every day, not because they're braggers but because they like to switch it up. And quite frankly, no matter his intent, saying "let me stop you from embarassing yourself" when you're putting up a picture of yourself is really quite mean . . . as if you have something to be embarassed about. Asshat.
  • AreneeS22
    AreneeS22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree , its not a pic of him so I dont see why he's making a fuss over it... Honestly I think its pretty aweful that he would react that way about it. I think you've accomplished a lot losing all that weight and if want to take pics of your accomplishment, you should!
  • Jenny56dreams
    Jenny56dreams Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Definately over reacting.....Sounds like he doesn't want to share the new you with anyone. I had a similar situation this weekend. But let me just say this: I f you feel confident and beautiful and you know you look great then PLEASE don't let ANYONE make you feel different. It's ok to feel pretty, it's ok to pose for a pic especially if its not anything bad, it's ok to dress up and fell good about yourself. You say he's fit and handsome or whatever? Even the most beautiful people can act ugly. Be proud of your success. :wink:
  • Millie77
    Millie77 Posts: 39
    Options
    You should post pics of yourself. It's one thing to be proud of your weight loss and another to be conceited and just want attention. Great job and congrats on your weight loss!!
  • Willowalker
    Options
    An 80 pound loss is OUTSTANDING - and you have every right to be proud of such an accomplishment and share this with those you know. Why does he begrudge your "feel good" moment? Perhaps insecurity on his part? I always, ALWAYS trust my gut. If I felt it was right to do, I'd do it. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with posting well-deserved, hard-earned fit pix. You've shown amazing strength to come this far. Don't back down now!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    It's easy to forget that when you make such major changes to your life and appearance, our loved ones ALSO have to deal with a great deal of change that they didn't ask for and may find difficult.

Many, many, many men become terribly insecure when their wives or girlfriends begin to get a lot of attention. They worry that you'll attract something better and be out the door. Most of them don't want to admit this, but some of them will if you can get them to open up. It sounds as though he's not quite ready to handle having a hot, outgoing wife yet. .

THIS ^ I totally agree with this.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    'let me stop you from embarassing yourself, don't be one of those people who is always posing for the camera bragging about how they look and posting different pics!"

Okay... Wow... That's just sad...

Try to convince him you're not trying to brag, you just want people to see you as you really are :smile:
  • cpostell
    cpostell Posts: 5
    Options
    I think you should post your pics and let us all see your accomplishments, like someone else said just make sure it is classy not sleazy (and I don't think it would be sleazy) then set him down and tell him how important it is to your self esteem to show off your new body, show him these post from your friends that are trying to get where you are at and assure him he is the only one for you and that now you can do more with him in this life of fitness. Good luck and God bless with you journey and this challenge.
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Completely agree. Be proud of the NEW you!! I think he's just being insecure and having a hard time with this adjustment. Congrats on all your hard work!! Keep it up!!! =)
  • dfrazier77
    dfrazier77 Posts: 19
    Options
    Have you explained in detail what it means to you to have lost the weight? For you its not bout the attention you get (right?)...its about the liberating feeling from not having to hide behind the pounds. Some men are not able to handle change but if you explain what it means to you emotionally I think he will understand.

At the end of the day, pictures on a social site are not worth the friction in a relationship. Maybe try taking sexy pics together.
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    Your picture can be a source of inspiration to many, so if you want to post a picture than go ahead!! I wouldn't let my husband stop me!!! You have worked so hard, done so well, and should be allowed to brag. Congratulations on your loss its amazing!!
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It's totally your life, your body, and your choice! If after all you have done treating yourself to lovely things, losing 80 pounds, and feeling fantastic; don't let ANY one stop you! You've hid loong enough! Your a beautiful butterfly now! Show off your amazing wings and fly around! Dont let your hubby continue to hide you, that is not right and it is going to make you think that losing weight = no good... Please sweetie, show off your hott bod! Haha you deserve to be looked at and envyed!
  • MSOND06
    MSOND06 Posts: 1
    Options
    Post content deleted at poster's request.

MyFitnessPal Moderator
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Have you explained in detail what it means to you to have lost the weight? For you its not bout the attention you get (right?)...its about the liberating feeling from not having to hide behind the pounds. Some men are not able to handle change but if you explain what it means to you emotionally I think he will understand.

At the end of the day, pictures on a social site are not worth the friction in a relationship. Maybe try taking sexy pics together.

This is very good...and continues the point I made initially.

If my wife and I had had this issue, and she ran to the internet for relationship advice from total strangers, it just would have made it worse. We know nothing about them, nothing about the circumstances, and we're all effectively telling her 'screw him he's an *kitten*!! You should do whatever you want! It's not like you're married or anything!!!'.

Doesn't seem right to me.
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Maybe your hubby just needs time to get use to the new you! You are doing wonderful!!!! I say post the pics if you want!!!!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

This is very good...and continues the point I made initially.

If my wife and I had had this issue, and she ran to the internet for relationship advice from total strangers, it just would have made it worse. We know nothing about them, nothing about the circumstances, and we're all effectively telling her 'screw him he's an *kitten*!! You should do whatever you want! It's not like you're married or anything!!!'.

Doesn't seem right to me.

You seem to have completely overlooked the fact that he chose to be horribly demeaning and basically told her what to do. There was no 'discussion' here. There was a nasty, malicious comment used to undermine and demean in order to control his wife. That is atrocious behavior and actually abusive.

It's one thing for spouses to discuss how they use social media. It's quite another to say "Let me stop you from embarassing yourself".
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Without knowing the whole story it's hard to say which of you is over reacting. I will say that I have a cousin who has been very overweight since she was a child. She's 30 now and lost from 220 lbs down to 145 lbs. I am very happy that she's finally getting healthy and has lost so much weight, so I would never say anything to her but the number of Facebook messages and pics she posts about it gets pretty annoying.
This discussion has been closed.