Let's try this one again: anyone else find it weird...

Options
124»

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I always feel like I have a fairly equal split of genders. I definitely delete more request from men than women and I get a request from a guy with all women I won't accept. My friendship is special. Not just something to be added to a collection.
  • synchkat
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I love the ones who try to act all virtuous yet their friends list is 95% naked torsos. I own that *kitten* and say hell yes I accept some guys just because they're hot! :D

Haha i know right. I'm not sure I even have any naked torsos. They generally don't include a message. I'm thinking words are too hard for them
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Honest answer?

In my experience women won't like me. I've had one female friend who hasn't been mean, *kitten* or gossipy but I've had plenty who've lied, talked behind my back and finally stapped the knife in, twisted it and turned it. I've been more heart broken by the female varieties of the world then ever by the males.

So I'm very picky when it comes to picking friends of the same gender, specially here but I've had girls messaging me telling me I'm an attention seeking *kitten*

Based on my experience I don't find it odd at all that the girls have more boys on the friends list and vice versa.

I'd rather have a supportive guy on my friends list then a fake woman.. So I add guys unless I've talked to the woman and I know she's not the hateful type.
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    Honest answer?

In my experience women won't like me. I've had one female friend who hasn't been mean, *kitten* or gossipy but I've had plenty who've lied, talked behind my back and finally stapped the knife in, twisted it and turned it. I've been more heart broken by the female varieties of the world then ever by the males.

So I'm very picky when it comes to picking friends of the same gender, specially here but I've had girls messaging me telling me I'm an attention seeking *kitten*

Based on my experience I don't find it odd at all that the girls have more boys on the friends list and vice versa.

I'd rather have a supportive guy on my friends list then a fake woman.. So I add guys unless I've talked to the woman and I know she's not the hateful type.

damn women...I've heard they always ruin goals. I've heard that right here on MFP so it must be true.

Lol damn them all.. Except the tiny blonde ones, and the few super women's who're proving me wrong :D
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    Honest answer?

damn women...I've heard they always ruin goals. I've heard that right here on MFP so it must be true.

Lol damn them all.. Except the tiny blonde ones, and the few super women's who're proving me wrong :D

There is one woman in my past that I would not cry if she got run over by a bus. As a nice person I would feel bad for her family, but I wouldn't waste a tear for her.

P.S. Lurkers...I am not really a nice person...don't be fooled ;)

I have that kind of woman in my past as well.. And the hens that followed her.. We weren't high school teenagers but these grown women couldn't think for them self and had to follow her around.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    What's really weird about it? @Terpdad you said it best on the other thread. Guys don't want to be encouraged by other guys and women well we want to be told we're hot.
    I personally have 11 friends of which 3 are male. But I have over 60 FRs in my inbox and 3 of them are female. It's just what I got. Nothing odd about it.

Exactly this. I have 62 friend requests and 6 of them are women. But I like being told I'm hot from whomever. I'm not biased.

ok I get just as many friend requests from women as I do from men. You people obviously aren't as amazingly spectacularly interesting to ALL WHO EXIST as I am.

I agree. You are spectacularly amazing! :)
  • let_me_clip_dirty_wings
    Options
    I find it kinda weird that we still identify ourselves by only 1 gender...
    #HermaphroditeIsAllRight
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Kristi26 wrote: »
    I missed the original thread, but I don't add men to my friend list. No offense, but I want encouragement, not to hear if I'm hot. The only person I want to hear that from is my husband and he tells me regularly. ;)

I don't either, my home page is like a womens group, so we can talk about womens stuff, men don't want to hear about bloating and period weight.
  • _Huntsman_
    _Huntsman_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Being a very new member to the site, having 7 friends. Of which 4 are male, I can understand where the OP is coming from. Women like to be told they are hot, sexy beautiful by men and women. So generally have an equal split of men and women. Men are competitive by nature and want to be flattered the same way by women. Seeing other men on their profile with better bodies can either spur them to work harder or make them resent themselves. Hence the lack of men on men's friends lists.

There are of course exceptions to the rule, and extremes of both.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I've no, gender preference & I am hugely lucky to, have the friends that; I do! I try to keep my list small, to read, support & congratulate them regularly but there're so, many people that I; like here!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I always feel like I have a fairly equal split of genders. I definitely delete more request from men than women and I get a request from a guy with all women I won't accept. My friendship is special. Not just something to be added to a collection.

This...me too. I add just about anyone, with the exception of: no avatar, no picture, don't leave a message, leave a pervy message or all your friends are hot women.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    I missed the original thread, but I don't add men to my friend list. No offense, but I want encouragement, not to hear if I'm hot. The only person I want to hear that from is my husband and he tells me regularly. ;)
    That's very nice. But real maturity is being capable of being friends with the opposite sex without getting frisky things up and running.

You and I would make fabulous friends! xo
  • synchkat
    Options
    That's very nice. But real maturity is being capable of being friends with the opposite sex without getting frisky things up and running.

You and I would make fabulous friends! xo

You make anyone a fabulous friend!!! Cutaway would be lucky to be in your circle of friends.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Aww..day made! You are so deep in my heart Ali-bear...xoxo :*