the excercise monster

Options
ok maybe i'm exaggerating about a monster however once i start hitting the gym constantly and my metabolism gets going i'm hungry all the time. i will eat a meal not in front of the tv high in protein eat slowly concentrate on eating and it's as though i can feel it zooming through my body. i feel hungry i'm talking stomach talking to me bubble in my stomach hungry...... ive been under my caloric goal almost every day since i started and i will eat my excercise calories.... what else can i do to calm the beast in my belly!?!?!?

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    How far under?
    Your goal is a target. Not a maximum.
    Maybe you're not eating enough.
  • threeringedgirl
    Options
    usually around 100 under some days more some less however thats is in part because of excercise...... however i do eat excercise calories too
  • JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I find that since I've been running & working out more I always feel more hungry as well.
    Oatmeal seems to help me as it doesn't take a lot to make me feel full. I also snack on apples & eat a baby leaf spinach salad with raspberry vinegarette. The Maple Grove vinegarette only has 30 cals for 2 tbls which is great compared to other dressings. All these things really help me between meals & aren't big on cals.
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This happened to me a couple of weeks ago- I was continuously hungry, but I realized it was from changing the foods I was eating and i upped my excercise routines and added more strength training. I started drinking more water and really just ate more. Like apples and peanut butter, different kinds of proteins and water etc. How long has it been going on? has there been a change in what you normally do like there was for me? Maybe you do need to add in more calories even if it means going over your calorie goal?

Sorry this probably didn't help at all :(
  • MarlenaLB
    MarlenaLB Posts: 50
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? When we don't drink enough our body reacts as if we are hungry. So before you eat try drinking a glass of water. It will help with hunger and help in losing weight too.
  • threeringedgirl
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions everyone!! i will add as follows:

-more water, water, water
    -oatmeal (fills my belly but doesn't drain my calories)
    -more protein (as i am doing strength training and actively rock climb on top of that)

question: i am vegan and thus have thus eliminated quite a few types of protein from my diet. i normally have nuts,beans, and soy products on hand...... i'd really like some more suggestions!!!!!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I hear fiber make you feel full. I believe they have fiber substitutes, I'm not too sure about them though.
  • brutiful
    brutiful Posts: 12
    Options
    i agree with above. high fiber (and high protein) will keep you feeling full. high protein makes you feel fuller immediately, where as high fiber will keep you feeling full longer and keep the beast off your back- or tummy :]