100 pound loss + baby = here I am again!

Options
Hi all! I started this 4 years ago and lost a little over 100 pounds (271 start weight) in just over a year. My biggest motivation was getting healthy so hubby and I could start a family. My kiddo is now 1 year old, and not only have I NOT lost any of the baby weight I gained back during pregnancy, but I've gained additional weight since he was born. I don't even know what my current weight is, but I'm sure it's going to be awful. I'm SO ready to get back at this, but I know it will be a struggle with working full-time and balancing everything else. I feel terrible physically though, and I miss how great I felt before once all that weight was gone. I need that back, and I feel like losing the weight the first time to have a child means nothing if I don't stay healthy now that's he's actually here!

New year's resolutions are cliche, I know, but it worked for me before and I'm going to do it again. I plan to focus my efforts on getting my eating back in check and logging consistently. It used to be such a habit for me that it felt wrong NOT to log my food. I know that making time to exercise will be difficult, but I'm going to aim for 2-3x per week first to see how that goes. I definitely need to rebuild my support system and have others to be accountable to, and I would appreciate any new friends that can help with that!

Thanks for reading! :smiley:

Replies

• Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    blinker86 wrote: »
    New year's resolutions are cliche, I know, but it worked for me before and I'm going to do it again.

Maybe I'm too blunt, but it didn't work for you - so you must not do it again - you have to do something different.

• 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I say go with what you know works! Every time you attempt you learn something new, and the fact that you lost 100b (unbelievable effort!) the first time shows you must have been doing something right. The previous poster has obviously never had a baby, it throws your life upside down and suddenly you are not the priority. Yes of course you can maintain a healthy weight during pregnancy and post- but it doesn't mean it isn't 10x harder or that motherhood throws you a huge curve-ball and it's a lot easier to pile on the weight. Why can't you do what you know works, understand your previous derailment and focus on doing things differently once you reach that point?

I have a 1 year old, lost 25 pounds prior to getting pregnant and had a super healthy pregnancy...BUT...the sleep deprivation and lack of structure in my life completely threw me and I've put on 20 pounds since she was born (which is annoying as I only gained 10 during the pregnancy and it all came off in a few weeks after she arrived) so I'm really back to where I started before ever attempting to lose weight. Going to start Sunday meal prep, I've been really inspired by stories of results doing this (and the pretty instagram pics!) so that's my only focus for now- have you thought about giving that a go?
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I think anybody that can lose 100 lbs. knows what they need to do and you can definitely do it again. That said, you already know that you have less time to yourself this time around so you will need to be creative, but I guarantee you it will be well worth the time you invest because you will be a better mama if you make a little time for yourself.

Also, great job to both of you mothers! Lose the weight now so you can enjoy your babies while they are growing up and you can keep up with them. Don't wait like I did and lose the "baby" weight once your kids are teenagers!
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bob314159 wrote: »
    blinker86 wrote: »
    New year's resolutions are cliche, I know, but it worked for me before and I'm going to do it again.

Maybe I'm too blunt, but it didn't work for you - so you must not do it again - you have to do something different.

It actually worked wonderfully for me, and I did fantastic with maintaining. Pregnancy weight gain and not taking the time to focus on myself postpartum is what didn't work.
  • blinker86
    Options
    1fit_mamma wrote: »
    I say go with what you know works! Every time you attempt you learn something new, and the fact that you lost 100b (unbelievable effort!) the first time shows you must have been doing something right. The previous poster has obviously never had a baby, it throws your life upside down and suddenly you are not the priority. Yes of course you can maintain a healthy weight during pregnancy and post- but it doesn't mean it isn't 10x harder or that motherhood throws you a huge curve-ball and it's a lot easier to pile on the weight. Why can't you do what you know works, understand your previous derailment and focus on doing things differently once you reach that point?

I have a 1 year old, lost 25 pounds prior to getting pregnant and had a super healthy pregnancy...BUT...the sleep deprivation and lack of structure in my life completely threw me and I've put on 20 pounds since she was born (which is annoying as I only gained 10 during the pregnancy and it all came off in a few weeks after she arrived) so I'm really back to where I started before ever attempting to lose weight. Going to start Sunday meal prep, I've been really inspired by stories of results doing this (and the pretty instagram pics!) so that's my only focus for now- have you thought about giving that a go?

Oh, the sleep deprivation! That alone makes it SO HARD. I did some meal prepping here and there, but I ultimately hate having to spend so much time in one day doing it. I always cook meals at home and take leftovers to work for lunch, so that usually works out well. Thank you for the support, and good luck to you!
  • blinker86
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    I think anybody that can lose 100 lbs. knows what they need to do and you can definitely do it again. That said, you already know that you have less time to yourself this time around so you will need to be creative, but I guarantee you it will be well worth the time you invest because you will be a better mama if you make a little time for yourself.

Also, great job to both of you mothers! Lose the weight now so you can enjoy your babies while they are growing up and you can keep up with them. Don't wait like I did and lose the "baby" weight once your kids are teenagers!

Yes, I definitely want to get back to where I was so I can chase my little dude all over the place without feeling the burn!