Freezing after I work out

Options
2»

Replies

• Becb1980
    Becb1980 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If it's really cold outside, I tend to have a deep bath and just relax for 15 minutes then it's straight in to my pj's and fluffy dressing gown (I run in the evening after work) then I get the cat to sit on me as it's my thighs that stay cold. That usually does the trick..
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    This ALWAYS happens to me in the winter but not in the summer. I've learned to just wait it out because I haven't found anything to help with that. I might get an electric blanket. Good idea @jgnatcajgnatca!
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I find my extremities get cold as there is more blood in my core body. I'm constantly cold all the time though. I wear lots of layers and I second the heated blanket. I do find wearing fleece under performance wear tends to be a bit warmer for me (and this is running in freezing weather/boarding on Colorado).
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm always freezing after running in winter, I have to go and scald myself in the shower after. I assume it's because the blood rushes to the skin to loose heat during the exercise, and in the winter my skin gets very cold so after I've stopped, the blood still keeps getting cooled down.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Same here. Hot bath &/or electric blanket &/or moving again (post-run dancing).