5ft2-5ft3 Ladies in your 40s with 50-60lbs to lose.

Options
I'm 5ft 2 and 42
I weigh 193lbs starting!!!
Currently on 1340kcals.
Up down but so had my eating the past couple of days.
I would be happy at 147 as I've got quite a set muscular body under the flab. My profession is relatively active. I'm a gardener
I've never been petite even at 9st in my 20s
Be great to hear from similar people
How long has it taken people to lose 50lbs

Replies

• clare_harte
    clare_harte Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Also add me as a pal if in similar situation
  • clare_harte
    Options
    I've just finally found out how to reply! I'm a techno muppet!! Fab!!! And thanks for th add!!no way!!!!! I'm an Irish gardener in the uk.
    I work in a private estate and have been professionally playing outside...I mean working for about 20years too!
    I always kid that I've massive muscles under all my insulation! Yah I went back to study about ahem...12 years ago and went from 9st 9 to 14 12 in that time yoyoing between 12 12-14 12
    Lost a stone in the past year and since joining MFP I've lost 8lbs! I'd be happy back at 10st as its the weight which suits me.
    Great stuff!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 49. I started in July of 2014 for real (had a few false starts here on MFP before that) and it took me about a year and a half to lose 55 pounds. I am trying to maintain in a 5 pound range and the last holiday season has me up over that a bit so I'm eating at a deficit again because if I ignore it, even though I'm not overweight, I will continue to gain and old habits will creep back in and I'll be back where I was before in no time. Started at 180 and got to 125, currently at 133.
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi I am 49 yrs & want to lose 30lb (13.5kg) before the big 5 0 in September

Joined in 2014 at 171lb (78kg)
    Lost 39lb (18kg) over 10months
    Never really learned how to maintain, took my eye off the ball and regained 30lbs
    Feel free to add me , I log daily
    Good luck
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'2. 40. And I'm in maintenance...technically underweight (98 lbs) but could always use some friends.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    5'2", turned 40 in the middle of my journey.
    Started April 2016 at 204 lbs
    Turned 40 September 2016
    Currently down 51 pounds so it took...9 1/2 months to get here.
    Goal is 140 (ish)
    Currently on a diet break.
    Best wishes on your journey!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    In 2012, I lost 65 lbs (started before MFP for a month). I'm 5'1" and was happy in the 145-150 range. I held that for about nine months, then my fibro caught up with me, my hip started giving out while running and sometimes walking. I gained 20+ lbs back by January 2015 when I was diagnosed with disc issues which left me unable to lift my right arm to do my work in the gym. I turned 50 in October, while active working a full time job, a part time job and never really stopping, I've gained back 62 of the 65 I lost. I've just donated my small clothes to the VA and kind of given up now that I also have rotator cuff issues. My weight struggle will never end. I've been logging on here faithfully since the beginning of 2012, despite having gained all this gross stuff back. I can't even describe how much I miss my exercising :(
  • mjones1000
    mjones1000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'2." Started at 200 and am now at 158. Goal is to fit in a size 8 whatever weight that will be. Add me if you like:). Melanie.
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 (26yo)on my journey as of Oct 2016/down 22.8 lbs add me please
  • phys72
    phys72 Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    In 2012, I lost 65 lbs (started before MFP for a month). I'm 5'1" and was happy in the 145-150 range. I held that for about nine months, then my fibro caught up with me, my hip started giving out while running and sometimes walking. I gained 20+ lbs back by January 2015 when I was diagnosed with disc issues which left me unable to lift my right arm to do my work in the gym. I turned 50 in October, while active working a full time job, a part time job and never really stopping, I've gained back 62 of the 65 I lost. I've just donated my small clothes to the VA and kind of given up now that I also have rotator cuff issues. My weight struggle will never end. I've been logging on here faithfully since the beginning of 2012, despite having gained all this gross stuff back. I can't even describe how much I miss my exercising :(

I'm sorry. Just wanted to tell you that I can relate to that feeling of frustration of not being able to exercise. I too have a hip problem, shoulder issues, AND fibro. I have days where I feel so incredibly frustrated that the only thing I can control is what I eat and can't burn it off the way I'd like. Hang in there! <3 I'm just starting out.... (again... I tend to start out well and lose motivation a month in. Trying hard to stick with it this time. )
  • MMWoods86
    MMWoods86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello All I'm 30 and 5'4 I have been able to lose and stay at 130 so that's what I want to get back to. I believe that leaves me at like 50 lbs to lose. And just honestly really lacking the motivation to eat healthy and exercise again daily. I wish my 4 kids and Hubby was enough I just don't know. Hope to be back losing and feeling better soon.
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 42. Starting weight 200 ish, lost about 50lb in 2013. I put a bunch back on, but have lost about 30 in the last 6 months. So currently at 155, want to get down to 135 to start with and will work out next steps then. I work in a dear job, but train, mainly strength, 5 days a week and make a point of walking in/out of work and the gym.

I've been told recently my health markets aren't great. Blood pressure high, cholesterol and blood sugar going in the wrong direction. So my why for getting this sorted is pretty much razor focused at the moment!
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sorry meant to say, 5 foot 1.5
  • ladyt72
    ladyt72 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi ,
    I'm 5'2 about 220. I want to lose 50-70 lbs. I've done it in the past and back to do it again.
    I have high blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes.
  • clare_harte
    Options
    Girls I think you're all amazing and inspirational!!! Do add me and I promise I'll accept! We all have our highs and lows and seem to be in very similar boats! Let's all hand together as a goal obtained is a goal we can all revel in and give us all a boost! We can do this! Here's to good health, good food, willpower, snazzy clothes and the strength to do it!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!