Summer challenge

Options

Replies

• angelawilliams29
    angelawilliams29 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I only was able to walk 2 miles yesterday because of the rain! That's ok though, today we run (AND walk!!). Be back later to add more!!
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congrats to those who are near or broke 100! now u have to do 200! dont stop!!!!!!! sorry about the shin splits...ouch! Lets kep moving!! xoxo
  • simkat
    simkat Posts: 72
    Options
    1.5mi walk last night, 3mi run this morning, 1.5mi walk planned for later w/ the doggy.
  • angelawilliams29
    Options
    Haha!. Ran 2 miles, just walked 1...shooting for completing the challenge tomorrow...last 5 miles... 
  • nachisdoll
    Options
    only 1.5 miles today ;(
  • angelawilliams29
    Options
    CHALLENGE COMPLETED!!!! .

Last 5 miles done today...this was great...thanks for the challenge!!!
  • Terriann7
    Terriann7 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi everyone~ I am behind on my miles but I am going to catch up!!

70 miles to go in 6 weeks.
  • Terriann7
    Terriann7 Posts: 78
    Options
    Angela you are on fire!! Way to go.
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    Nachisdoll...Cherubcrnp...KeriA THANK YOU for your support! ..I rested completely for 4 days...lol..but yesterday I did a gentle 2 miles..no pain...so am going to ease back in to it! I missed it..Feels great to be walking with you guys in spirit here! x
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    CHALLENGE COMPLETED!!!! .

Last 5 miles done today...this was great...thanks for the challenge!!!

Well Done!!!!
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Excellent job Angela!!! :drinker:

I've been in the shin splint camp as well. Feeling a little better after 3 days of rest so I think I will join Just_Bethy and get walking today.

And Terriann, I'm behind as well so we can catch up together. I really need to get moving as I have a 3 week holiday in there as well. Oops.
  • simkat
    Options
    Just a 1mi walk w/ my dog last night. Was supposed to do my 4mi run this AM, but it's like a terrarium outside! May jump on the treadmill later in order to keep going, but I find it really hard to not get bored on there after a spring/summer of running outside.

Great job, Angela! Toadie, hope you feel better! Good job, everyone!
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    SO Gang!! What are ya'll doing to celebrate when you have walked the 100?? I am gonna make me a Bracelet with the letter number beads just spelling out ♥-M-F-P-♥-1-0-0-♥ What about you guys!!???!!
  • angelawilliams29
    Options
    . Thanks so much, ladies, for all the congrats!!. Feels good to have completed my first challenge ever!!!. It was awesome & I feel really strong & proud...especially b/c we only started running maybe 5 or 6 weeks ago & are now doing 5k's every week (plus did my longest run EVER in my life last Sat--a 10k!!)

. I'm not sure what to do to celebrate it...my hubby & I did eat out yesterday for the first time since April, when we started this journey...& did VERY well, might I add!!!. We had Thai food & shared really small portions...a victory in itself!! We start a new training program tomorrow...to get us ready for an official 10k coming up in a couple of months...

Just_bethy, that's a fabulous idea though, to celebrate & I like the bracelet thought!!

I hope you all feel better from your injuries...my hip has been bothering me the past couple of weeks since I strained it on one of my fast walks...so I understand the pain!! . Be good to yourselves & take it easy, rest up as much as needed & just do what you can when you can!!. I'm proud of you all!!! You'll get there by Sept...good going, girls!!!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Great job completing the challenge! Glad the Shin splints are better too. You all are doing great. I walked to and did another 2 of C25K. So another 4 miles over all. I am hoping to catch up a bit when we go camping next month and do a bunch of hiking.
    Keri
  • nachisdoll
    Options
    You are are amazing....I didnt officially run yesterday but i went berrry picking with my kids and a 45 min zumba class! I got a stationary bike on craigslist (for free!!!!) and Im going to try to get in a LOT of miles on that while watching TV!:wink: July 27-aug7 Ill b going on a trip overseas that is ALOT of hiking and walking!!!
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Did 4 more miles. So close to 1/2 way there!
  • angelawilliams29
    Options
    Great job, ladies!!! Keep up your hard work...you'll get there!!!
  • simkat
    Options
    3.5mi walk last night, 4mi run and 1mi walk today. :)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Another 3 miles today with C25K and walking the rest of the way. Another walk/run planned for Thursday.