New and Transferring from Calorie Count

Options
Hi - I'm a newbie here, although I have been on Calorie count for over a year - but as you may know that website is closing down. I got pretty used to that, and I hope it doesn't take me too long to get used to this new website. Anyone else out there from CC? Don't be shy! ;);)

Replies

• wtr196
    wtr196 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Migrated over yesterday! Didn't care too much for SparkPeople...see how this works out, I was on CC for over 2 years!
  • Doctorsookiestrikesback
    Options
    Never heard of calorie count but welcome to MFP! You're gonna love it here!
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I too migrated, but a few years ago. This database was way larger at the time. This is a pretty good site, but I liked it better before UnderArmor bought it.
  • BarbVining
    BarbVining Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi - sadly I lost my beloved Calorie Count App to which I was faithful daily for FOUR years. Decided to try My Fitness Pal again and see how I like it. The website appears to be better than I recall it was 4 years ago when I last tried it. I will really miss my Calorie Count App but I think I will like this as well. I just need to figure out how to see my other nutrients and the breakdown of sat fat vs/healthy fat (and Vitamin A, C & Potassium along with fiber). Those key nutrients aren't listed at the bottom of the food page with the others. I hope I can figure that out! My favorite part is logging my own recipes - which I did every night in Calorie Count.
  • BarbVining
    BarbVining Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: I figured out how to find the rest of my nutrients and fiber. This is pretty awesome!
  • gleng44
    gleng44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in and out here. I was more successful with CC but now that they're leaving I have no choice. I'll try to figure out how I can set this group as my community. I do love that I don't need to customize a lot of the non american food that I eat.
  • Lyndee2017
    Lyndee2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was Lyndee19 over on calorie count. I logged my food over there for years but never posted publicly. I've decided to start posting publicly more often in hopes of becoming more accountable. I have joined a few other CC groups also. Just a warning, if bad spelling bothers you, please skip my posts as I don't see spell check on this site:).
  • stephygold73
    stephygold73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey I just transferred over from Calorie Count today. I was on CC for 9 years, very sad to see it shut down. Hope I like My Fitness Pal.
  • stephygold73
    stephygold73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BarbVining wrote: »
    UPDATE: I figured out how to find the rest of my nutrients and fiber. This is pretty awesome!

How did you?

• Glasscandle
    Glasscandle Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just found this site 2 wks ago because of the Calorie Count (which I really loved) shutdown. I am a sucker for the badges and the Congrats reinforcement they gave. I started a weight loss effort beginning of January, went to CC, and found out, to my dismay, it is shutting down. Exported my data but don't know what to do with it. Been on this site 2 weeks and still don't know what I think about it. Will keep it up though. Good luck fellow CCers on getting to your goals this year!
  • Trishcolli
    Trishcolli Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm a CALORIE COUNT person too . I was there for 5 years. Have to say am loving MFP ! Love the scanner ! ( my favourite part) anyway a bunch of us created a group here under community groups called 'CALORIE COUNT PEOPLE ' so that we can find other former CC people . Some other cc people have also added some helpful info about finding way around MFP site too. Good wishes all !