PTs - Is this a thing?

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Actually, now that I think of it, I have touched him. We've done exercises that require me to stabilize myself by grabbing his ankles.

We did have a conversation about consent at the very beginning. Not only was I his first female client, but he is very religious....and, I had had a situation where an attendant had made inappropriate advances to me on social media. I told him I expected him to treat me as he would his male clients. If he ever said or did anything to offend me, I would tell him. In 2.5 years, there have been a few accidental boob touches as he's isolating lats, or spotting a heavy squat. Never anything that I felt was purposeful or creepy.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I had a trainer at my gym do a very up close and personal stretch on me once. It was totally weird but worth it. The stretch was amazing!
  • Lesley2603
    Lesley2603 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My trainer touches me to correct position, to say this is where you should feel it, to help me stretch deeper etc. He has never asked me to touch him, we've high fived after a good session or when I've managed to do something I've been struggling with but never anything remotely inappropriate,