Abdominal work outs

Options
Hey everyone,
I am just curious what abdominal workouts I can do to strengthen my lower abs?
I had a csection nearly 7 years ago however I still have a bit of numbness in that area. And notice my lower abs are a lot weaker than the rest of my stomach.. I can do a ton of Russian twists but if you ask me to do the leglifts to activate the lower abs I can hardly even do them because it they are so weak.. i'd like to try to get rid of the little pouch that you get from having a C-section and flatten it out like the rest of my abs.. any suggestions?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,599 Member
    Options
    Leg lifts of any type will activate them the most. So you just have to do them to condition the muscle to adapt to the resistance.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I do one sided planks, Russian twists with weight, leg lifts and bicycles

The only thing I would say is pay attention to your body! Know the difference between that really good burn and the actual pain that can come from putting too much on that incision. I have had two c-section and my second ended me in having a transverse and vertical incision due to complications.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i like deadbugs. i have an anterior tilt that dogs my life, so i don't think i'd take chances with the demands of leg lifts unless i felt really sure i was already strong enough to keep myself stable througout.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    These are some of my favorites:

Leg raises at the leg raise apparatus at the gym.
    One you get really good at that, find a pull up bar, hold on in a dead hang, and pull your knees to you chest.
    Sitting in a V shape, tuck in your legs bending at the knee one at a time and then together. Then repeat with straight legs, lifting one at a time and then together. Then hold your legs up and scissor them back and forth.
    Lay on your back and lift your legs and lower back all the way up into the air
    Lay on your back with you legs pointing up and do small pulses lifting you leg and booty off the ground.
    I like to do a variant of the leg raises by taking a workout ball and holding it between my ankles.