50 lbs in 4 months! = Easy

Options

Replies

• snikrepa2003
    Options
    Thank you Thank you so so much!!!!!. After reading your post I realized that I had wanted to watch that movie especially after watching Supersize me. I thought after watching that movie (Supersize Me) and countless others I had given into the "man" for far too long and decided to go raw vegan.....bad bad bad idea, I am not hating on the raw vegans at all but i ate all day and could not eat more han 700 calories. I had some serious sugar buzzes and i though that the energy problem would be solved by this...wrong. I finally observed my eating habits next to my energy level and realized that after eating a carby meal I was absolute toast. no pun intended. I decided to go low fat low carb....can you say feeling blue plus serious cravings....so I finally decided to watch fathead not really knowing what it was about, I even laughed when he laid out what he wanted to do, i thought it was a joke...then I watched the whole thing, twice, and did my own common sense reasoning and also did some research. This guy was onto something so my husband ( type 2 diabetic) and I who lived a carb centered diet decided to just do the high protien, high fat, low carb thing- and wow I can already say that in two days my husband has already lost weight and so did I. I guess it is wise to use common sense and listen to your body. IEat things in thier simplist of form and don't eat stuff that has been modified- if you take something out hat was originally supposed to be there you have to replace it with something synthetic-

Love, Peace, and Bacon Grease
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!! I'm going to watch this movie tonight lol
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Fat Head is a great movie, and should be watched by anyone that is trying to loose weight. I always knew that Low Carb was the way to go from when I did Atkins back in 2003ish, but was constantly bashed for it being unhealthy. I fell off the wagon and gained most of the weight back over several years, and am now back on a low carb high fat diet and loving it.

While my weight loss hasn't been dramatic this time, I am loosing inches and just plain feel better. My wife who was suffering from what was diagnosed as a slipped disc in her back has also been completely cured after the first 2 months (which doctors wanted her to have major back surgery) by reducing the inflammation made worse by eating grains.

I'm not going back to any other way of eating for life. I may not always been perfect in the future, but the bulk of my eating will be low carb high fat.
  • crestchick82
    Options
    I watched Fat Head and it really does change your perspective on what's healthy and whats not. Your story is a real inspiration and I hope I can be as successful in my attempts. Thanks for the post because without it I wouldn't have watched Fat Head and wouldn't know the truth behind everything!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Everything you say is true!!

In the middle of May I wanted to slim down by 50lbs, got to 220 (my heaviest yet), and needed a change. So I started running, and eating right.

While I never kept track of my calories in the first part, I lost a quick 15lbs in two weeks. After that, it's been 2-3lbs a week.

I ate bread, I eat carbs, I eat basically whatever I want (even SOME fast food), and I've lost 25lbs in 2.5 months!!

Like you, I do workout alot...and while I don't burn as many calories as you, I do burn quite a bit when running and doing P90X.

Sticking to one "diet" never did anyone any good in my opinion....diets end, then you go back to where you were. If you just eat right then you're golden!
  • joannewhittleton
    joannewhittleton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good job... Baritone in Alberta drum and bugle band (1973-75)... loVed every minute of it! No life like it!
  • happymom1197
    happymom1197 Posts: 155
    Options
    Just finished watching the movie. Thanks for the tip. It gave me a lot to think about!
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I watched the movie as well. Very interesting stuff. I'm definitely starting to believe that losing weight is about total calories, but the most important part of being healthy is the quality of what you eat. Less processed foods, more raw foods (veggies, eggs, meats, fruits, nuts, seeds) and less simple carbs.

That said, life sure makes eating unprocessed foods challenging. But it's not a binary function (either you're doing it right or doing it wrong), it's a spectrum. And I've moved from the TOTALLY BAD part of the spectrum, to somewhere closer to the middle. I will keep trying to inch my way closer to the good end as I find new ways to integrate raw foods.

Fat head was an entertaining movie, but I'm not sure how convincing their science is. What it did convince me of is that weight-loss is not a simple science. We all need to evaluate the "diet plans" we're given against what our own bodies tell us.

Best of luck to all of you.
  • celtictrek
    Options
    Good for you!

And I love Drum & Bugle Corps! My daughter was in a military band while in high school, so we traveled around a lot to events & such. I miss the excitement!
  • wbruni14
    wbruni14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    congrats! and i don't think people are hating when they say not to expect rapid weight loss. i think they just don't want you to get discouraged if it doesn't happen. but obviously you did it! great job!
  • bellajenn78
    Options
    Great job!!! And Im gonna have to check that Fat Head movie out :)
  • happymom1197
    happymom1197 Posts: 155
    Options
    Ok, so today is the day I am starting my lower carb diet. I am saying lower carb because I am aiming for 100 carbs per day. I am not a big meat eater, so I am very scared. lol Both red meat and pork have a laxitive effect on me, so I'm hoping that this way of eating will actually help me. I will document every bite I take and try to note how I feel each day. I have a wierd work schedule, so I have a hard time not hitting the vending machine at 2 am when I'm so tired and not feeling the healthy food I have packed. I just need to suck it up and stick to it.
    We will see . . . . .
  • nero14
    nero14 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm at 55 or 56 lbs lost now (5 more lbs than when I originally posted)

Just wanted to let everybody know it's still working! ;-)

Thanks for all the positive feedback- I've shared it all with the director of the movie - he was glad you all liked it!
  • leilahh
    leilahh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Nice!! Congrats on your loss! I watched Fathead (twice) and loved it as well. I can't stop telling people about it. So far I've lost 32 lbs (since June 9th) by eating delicious, fatty food. I agree, it's easy! Also, I just noticed that we're practically neighbors! (Murfreesboro here)
  • mangirl
    mangirl Posts: 93
    Options
    Watching movie. Are you only doing cardio?
  • Sharricb
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss..fabulous!! I'm off to watch the movie and hope it will be a huge inspiration for me.I'm going to share your story with someone close to me that is not on this MFP and hopefully get them to join..
  • archers
    archers Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I will have to put that movie on my list.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Congrats, we're pretty much in the same boat. I've gone down 60lbs in just over 5 months... I haven't watched that movie, I'll check it out tonight though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!