Do you eat your heavier meals early or late

Options
rikkejanell2014
rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
edited January 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Question for everyone. I usually do dinner with more calories.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Both
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    As of right now, I generally eat my smallest meal in the evening. Sometimes it may just be a protein bar or some chocolate. I get in my exercise early in the day, so I have bigger meals to fuel properly. Unless I get super super busy, I'm not one of those people who can do cardio and just fast until later.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It varies for me depending on how hungry I am
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have a bigger breakfast and lunch generally and a late dinner that's usually lighter
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    My personal preference has always been to eat the majority of my calories later in the day.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,005 Member
    Options
    I eat about half my calories for breakfast and lunch and the other half plus my exercise adjustment for dinner and a snack after dinner.
  • eday79
    eday79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a small breakfast on training days but I have a BIG breakfast on other days as it's usually breakfast & lunch together and smaller meals throughout rest of day
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my calories after 7pm
  • ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I try to eat evenly through the day
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Usually early. Today late. On my work week days I have a big breakfast which is usually a bit more than I have for dinner followed by a small lunch. On weekends I usually try to have my meals more evenly allocated.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    our biggest meal is dinnee and usually late.. like 10-12. Its my favorite meal and work out at night before dinnee.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Middle of the day for me.
  • siraphine
    siraphine Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Depends, day to day.

My days usually consist of a small breakfast (smoothie or yogurt), a large lunch, and a small dinner or snack-meal in the evenings. If I feel particularly munchy, I will skip breakfast and have a smaller lunch in the early afternoon. This leaves me with plenty of calories for the rest of the day so I can have a huge dinner.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough my meals have been pretty comparable in calories between breakfast/lunch/dinner. But in general my dinner is the biggest- i eat kind of early compared to others (at 5) and don't eat afterwards..
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Late, usually. I do shift work and often work 3-9, and exercise after that. Then, I take a bath, relax, and eat my "main" meal of the day. I've tried eating smaller meals throughout the day before, but what usually happens is either:
    A) I forget / don't have time to eat
    B) Somehow end up causing my chronic digestive problems to flare up due to eating food that doesn't agree, forgetting to take my enzymes, or just because my stomach hates me
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Late. I generally don't have much control over my dinner, so i allot it as much calories as i can so i don't go to bed hungry.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Middle of the day. I'm not hungry early in the morning or at night.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Late.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat most calories at night, when I am at home and food is more accessible. That way I have basically saved calories during the day for the dinner and evening snacks I usually have planned.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day...yesterday I went out for a brunch and that was my heaviest meal...we kept dinner light and had soup.